After reading the reviews before our recent trip to Melbourne, I was a little concerned about our booking. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Yes, the steps at the front of the hotel are difficult to negotiate with heavy suitcases and we didn't use the pool or sauna so cannot comment. On arrival, we upgraded to a refurbished superior room on the 9th floor which had a king bed which was changed to two singles for us, table/2 chairs and two lounge tub chairs. The carpet was new and there was plenty of room for two women who had gone to Melbourne for relaxation and shopping. The breakfast was lovely with plenty to choose from and on our last night we ate at the Encore Bar/Restaurant. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The hotel is very central and an easy walk to Bourke St Mall, Collins Street, the City Circle Tram and Telstra Dome. We easily walked to Southern Cross station to visit DFO but it was too far to walk with suitcases for the Airport Shuttle bus. The staff were courteous and helpful. The Greek precinct is on the door step with some fabulous, well-priced restaurants. It was everything that we needed at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel