Our room was dirty, spots and stains on the carpet, hairs in the bath and the telephone book encrusted with dust.
The front steps of the hotel never seem to have been once swept during our stay.
A room service hamburger I ordered had another egg stuck on the underside of the dome, from another persons meal?
On another occassion we witnessed a receptionist having a screaming row with a taxi driver on the front steps of the hotel.
Only redeeming thing was a meal I had in the dining room which was good.
I think its a hotel getting its 4 star rating only because of the existence of a pool on the roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel