I pre-paid 9 nights, of a supposedly upgraded room with a "balcony", ha ha, in early March to visit family. Once I managed to get the staff to open the "balcony" door, which was stuck fast, we laughed in disbelief. My trusty tape measure showed 2feet by 2feet.
Returned from shopping to find the electrical bedside clock, lamp disconnected, & on
moving the bed to re-plug, a used condom packet (not mine) fell onto the floor! So much for housekeeping, plus the lower sheet had not been made up, just the top sheet & cover. Was told the bed was not done every day, as I was a "long stay guest". If I hadn't pre-paid, with a no-refund policy, I would have gone to the Swanston, where my family had a beautiful room, huge TV, separate bedroom, & bathroom!
The photo looks great, but doesn't show the wobbly table, only just room to squeeze a suitcase between the door, bed, & fridge cabinet. That spray-on stuff on the ceiling looks out of the 50's, & I suspect not healthy. Dusty mouldings, dirty dusty curtains, mouldy bathroom tiles, & old air-con not working. I stocked the fridge with my own food & drinks, as bar prices are too high, but they sent me a bill for $6.00 after I got home! Breakfast was expensive in comparison. Great friendly reception staff, & great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel