The hotel is located just away from all the hustle and bustle, about 3 blocks from Chinatown and from the Swanston (shopping) street. It is clean, comfortable and well kept and I got a great price on my room. The staff was generally friendly. They charge $ 22.00 for wifi, which, had I realized earlier, I would not have chosen this hotel because wifi (internet) is not a luxury anymore and even places like Mc Donald's already offer free wifi. Besides that, the signal in my room was weak; I had to go to a certain part of the room to get a workable signal; for this reason only 3 stars. Otherwise it was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel