Outrageous price due to the AFL final weekend.
Small Boxy 'Executive Room' which had a 3rd bed in when we checked in, leaving absolutely no room to move. Very quickly removed by hotel staff. Balcony was small with no seating, table or anything and is overlooked by surrounding rooms.
Location is superb for theatres and city centre. Very helpful staff, and good parking although expensive at $20 night.
Room was very small, and the shower was scalding hot, which took a long time to adjust. It would be very easy to get burnt by the shower if not careful, and a real risk for children.
Restaurant was good, and the Saturday Steak Special was excellent. Buffet breakfast average, and typical. Even the coffee is self service.
Not npleasant, but would try somwhere else next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Splitty, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel