This hotel was a waste of time and money. The only good thing about it is the location, but there are plenty more better places to stay in the same area.
The room was dirty, staff at check in we're unfriendly and did not offer any help to carry bags. Bathrooms drain blocked. Old moldy soap was shoved behind the basin, not cleaned up! Balcony door was broken - the manager had to jiggle the lock to get it fixed. We pressed the Reception button on the phone and started to complain, only to be told we had called another room - the phones weren't programmed correctly.
Even after complaining and receiving a free upgrade, the new room was substandard, the shower had hairs and stains in it, basin had no drain and i had to run the shower for 5-10 mibutes to get warm enough water to have a shower. walls were cracked and rusty parts of the bathroom... And this was supposed to be their premier suite!
This place was horrible. Don't be fooled by the name, it is not fit for any chancellory!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel