Stayed in this hotel for our trip to Melbourne. The location of the hotel is fantastic - on the corner of Spencer St with a tram stop just round the corner. A 7 eleven is nearby for snacks and drinks which you can keep in the fridge supplied. The hotel was stylish and our standard double room "round the back" was nice and quiet. The room is very small but the living space is well designed so that there is quite a lot of storage for the 2 of us. A few nice touches is that there's a Time Out magazine - so you know what's going on in the city and lots of help from the front desk staff to orientate you around the city was very welcome (they even lent us a pair of myki tickets for our stay).
One major failing was the bathroom. It was very small but a few things really let it down. If it wasn't for these points, I would say that the designers ALMOST got it right. The small sink could be useable - but it wasn't due to the shelf above. It meant water everywhere when washing the face - you'll be better taking a shower! However, the shower was also flawed. There was no shower curtain so the whole bathroom got flooded after a shower - it's too small to be used as a wetroom. If these were addressed, the bathroom is small, but would be much more useable.
Also, our laundry bag was inadvertently thrown out. We had to leave town the next day and spoke to the front desk about the issue. We were pleased that they phoned back when we were in Sydney to offer some compensation for us having to buy some new underwear!
In summary, a stylish hotel, offering good value for money with good customer service. The standard rooms are small but the bathroom really let the whole stay down. Like another reviewer has said, next time....go for a King sized room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modelled on the original European pensione hotels, the Pensione Hotel Melbourne combines original turn of the century building features with modern design and soft tones, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.Set behind a beautiful Heritage-listed façade, the Pensione Hotel offers boutique interiors, breathtaking hospitality and incomparable value for money.Featuring all the desired hotel amenities, with warm and inviting staff that have a great knowledge of the local area, the Pensione is perfectly suited as a base to explore Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensione Hotel Melbourne - By 8 Melbourne
- Pensione Boutique Hotel Melbourne