We stayed for 2 nights at the Pensione Hotel having just landed in Australia. As such we were rather jetlagged and needed sleep and showers when we checked in at around 9pm. We had picked it for the location as it is literally a few hundred metres from Southern Cross station on the same road - very easy to find and convenient for the skybus from Melbourne airports.
On checking in we were given a wonderfully quiet, seemingly triple glazed room on the third floor (room 312) which was everything we needed. The triple glazing helps with muffling the almost continual tram, metro and traffic noise on the busy street outside. The bed was very comfy indeed and had the micro-cloud bedding, lovely quality and much appreciated after a 23 hour flight.
Room was decorated very contemporary and had a flat screen tv, fridge, hair dryer etc, plenty of clever storage for an average sized room. The bathroom was not brilliant - tiny with no door or curtain on the shower so the whole shower room gets drenched when you use it. Shower itself was fine though.
We slept well and did not hear any noise from other guests either, wifi was available and signal was good. Staff all very helpful and cheerful.
Major plus point for this hotel is the location, central, easy to get to most things on foot. We paid around £70 a night to stay here and I think that was excellent value. Also this is a definite step up from The Albany nearby which is also owned by the 8 hotels chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modelled on the original European pensione hotels, the Pensione Hotel Melbourne combines original turn of the century building features with modern design and soft tones, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.Set behind a beautiful Heritage-listed façade, the Pensione Hotel offers boutique interiors, breathtaking hospitality and incomparable value for money.Featuring all the desired hotel amenities, with warm and inviting staff that have a great knowledge of the local area, the Pensione is perfectly suited as a base to explore Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensione Hotel Melbourne - By 8 Melbourne
- Pensione Boutique Hotel Melbourne