“A Great Deal!”

Bayview Eden Melbourne
Ranked #115 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed one night on an Internet deal, which included free Wi-Fi and car parking. Can't believe these would otherwise need to be paid for in addition to the room cost. Check-in was efficient and friendly, as was service in the lobby bar. Room was spacious and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom provided fragrant amenities, but the narrow bath space means showering with the shower curtain at close range. A reputable 3.5-4 star hotel would really no longer be using shower curtains! Breakfast was very good with again, helpful and friendly staff. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Excellent deal from Travel Zoo so stayed in good hotel city hotel at very reasonable rate. Lovely hotel and great to have such late opening time for indoor pool - 10.30pm swim with pool all to myself! Free WiFi in room was good and not sure why all hotels don't offer this service.

Location was a little out of the CBD but trams were very close by and run very frequently but we chose to walk in to the centre which took about 25 minutes.

Didn't use the spa or bar/restaurant so can't comment on them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

After staying at this hotel when we first started dating 10 years ago and enjoying our initial experience my husband and I decided to stay here on our wedding night. Although the room was nice, clean and spacious I was disappointed with the service we recieved.

Upon booking our hotel via the internet I had difficulty booking a room with a view out over Albert Park lake and beyond. I decided to send an email to the hotel explaining that it was our wedding night and if possible could we please request a room with a view. A couple if days later (I was impressed with their prompt response) I recieved a rude email back saying that it was not possible to put in any requests.

As an experienced traveller I never normally put in requests like this however as it was my wedding night I was hoping for some exception. This might be something the hotel might like to look at in the future as this is a once in a lifetime occasion and I didn't feel that the hotel did anything to help us make this part of our night special.

There was a lovely man on the desk when we checked in and we were also impressed with the girl who checked us out. Both very friendly and professional. The breakfast was yum with a bit to pick from though that said there are also some great cafes in town which will give you a better value breakfast.

The bed was very comfy and the room was quite large. The upstairs pool area is getting a little dated and I am sure there is something better they could do with this great view.

Overall it is a nice hotel but I think my husband and I will stay somewhere different if we are celebrating a special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SarahandMarkW
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here for a conference, and most instantly for me the rooms are quiet, the bed is comfortable and I sleep well. The rooms are really clean, well looked after, huge bathrooms and there's free wi fi in the conference rooms (but not the bedrooms). It's a bit outside the CBD with limited dining options at night without hopping a tram, but this is easy to do.

The only reason I don't give this place an excellent rating is that they lost my luggage which I dropped off before the conference and then, although the counter staff were very polite, it was like they went into denial over this, resulting in me having to go back to my room twice to confirm that it wasn't there before they finally realised that maybe something was wrong and started to track it down (it had been sent to the wrong room). I'm sure this was a once off though and won't hold it against them.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Got a great internet special for this hotel. We were in a corner room which was a great size as we had an extra bed in the room. Room was clean, with modern bathroom. The included buffet breakfast had plenty of variety. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased to read that you will staying again on your next visit to Melbourne.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed in a Superior Queen Room in March, 2013. Had no issues whatsoever. Staff were very friendly and efficient- both Check-in and Check-out were very quick. The price of the rooms were also very reasonable for the location. The tram stop is less than 5 minutes walk away- making it easy to get to Melbourne CBD without having to drive. If driving, it's just down the road from the CBD, Crowne Casino, etc.
The only issue we had was someone had parked awkwardly behind our car in the underground carpark. Hotel staff had to help us to get our car out (took nearly 20 minutes of going back and forth). This wasn't a hotel problem (since a guest had parked incorrectly), and the hotel went out of their way to help us out. Really appreciate this service!

Room Tip: Give the reception a call in advance to ask them to reserve a space for carparking (if visiting duri...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne and I am glad we were able to assist you with maneuvering your vehicle.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden again when you next require accommodation in Melbourne.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staying here was a real pleasure. The staff were more than happy to help you. The breakfast was amazing. The building is Beautiful. The mattress could do with replacing but otherwise a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

I can confirm that we are in the process of changing our beds. If you can please contact myself directly to let me know which room you had stayed in. I will ensure that this bed is looked at and replaced next.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

Front Office Manager