“Not the right choice for our wedding night”
Review of Bayview Eden

Bayview Eden
Ranked #108 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Not the right choice for our wedding night”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

After staying at this hotel when we first started dating 10 years ago and enjoying our initial experience my husband and I decided to stay here on our wedding night. Although the room was nice, clean and spacious I was disappointed with the service we recieved.

Upon booking our hotel via the internet I had difficulty booking a room with a view out over Albert Park lake and beyond. I decided to send an email to the hotel explaining that it was our wedding night and if possible could we please request a room with a view. A couple if days later (I was impressed with their prompt response) I recieved a rude email back saying that it was not possible to put in any requests.

As an experienced traveller I never normally put in requests like this however as it was my wedding night I was hoping for some exception. This might be something the hotel might like to look at in the future as this is a once in a lifetime occasion and I didn't feel that the hotel did anything to help us make this part of our night special.

There was a lovely man on the desk when we checked in and we were also impressed with the girl who checked us out. Both very friendly and professional. The breakfast was yum with a bit to pick from though that said there are also some great cafes in town which will give you a better value breakfast.

The bed was very comfy and the room was quite large. The upstairs pool area is getting a little dated and I am sure there is something better they could do with this great view.

Overall it is a nice hotel but I think my husband and I will stay somewhere different if we are celebrating a special occasion.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SarahandMarkW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Hobart
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed here for a conference, and most instantly for me the rooms are quiet, the bed is comfortable and I sleep well. The rooms are really clean, well looked after, huge bathrooms and there's free wi fi in the conference rooms (but not the bedrooms). It's a bit outside the CBD with limited dining options at night without hopping a tram, but this is easy to do.

The only reason I don't give this place an excellent rating is that they lost my luggage which I dropped off before the conference and then, although the counter staff were very polite, it was like they went into denial over this, resulting in me having to go back to my room twice to confirm that it wasn't there before they finally realised that maybe something was wrong and started to track it down (it had been sent to the wrong room). I'm sure this was a once off though and won't hold it against them.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Geelong
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Got a great internet special for this hotel. We were in a corner room which was a great size as we had an extra bed in the room. Room was clean, with modern bathroom. The included buffet breakfast had plenty of variety. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased to read that you will staying again on your next visit to Melbourne.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed in a Superior Queen Room in March, 2013. Had no issues whatsoever. Staff were very friendly and efficient- both Check-in and Check-out were very quick. The price of the rooms were also very reasonable for the location. The tram stop is less than 5 minutes walk away- making it easy to get to Melbourne CBD without having to drive. If driving, it's just down the road from the CBD, Crowne Casino, etc.
The only issue we had was someone had parked awkwardly behind our car in the underground carpark. Hotel staff had to help us to get our car out (took nearly 20 minutes of going back and forth). This wasn't a hotel problem (since a guest had parked incorrectly), and the hotel went out of their way to help us out. Really appreciate this service!

Room Tip: Give the reception a call in advance to ask them to reserve a space for carparking (if visiting duri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne and I am glad we were able to assist you with maneuvering your vehicle.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden again when you next require accommodation in Melbourne.

Front Office Manager.
Bodalla, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staying here was a real pleasure. The staff were more than happy to help you. The breakfast was amazing. The building is Beautiful. The mattress could do with replacing but otherwise a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I can confirm that we are in the process of changing our beds. If you can please contact myself directly to let me know which room you had stayed in. I will ensure that this bed is looked at and replaced next.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was lovely. It was great value for money. Check in was efficient and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff were very helpful and particularly the concierge who clearly knows a lot about Melbourne..where to visit, where not to bother, which tram to get and also advised that we would need a Myki card for the trams which we could either purchase at the hotel or the 7-11 over the road. The billiard room was great, swimming pool, sauna and spa all clean with plenty of towels and open until late. The added bonus was it has underground parking at $10 per day but, be warned, the entrance and exit are very narrow and a tight squeeze. The bar staff in the hotel were very friendly, and we could buy take away coffees too. All in all it was a lovely stay, both the hotel and staff were great and I would recommend the Bayview Eden to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

I am pleased to read that the staffs were very attentive and the services we offer met your needs. I have forwarded your review on to the Concierge and bar staff for their congratulations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

Thank you again.

Bondi, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and I was impressed with what the hotel had to offer.
Upon arrival as the room was prepaid - we quickly checked into our room and the bathroom was large, stocked with a minibar and all - bed was OK.

In terms of comfort it was fine, it was only one night, although i was more impressed with the swimming pool as it was great to chill out after a day of back to back meetings and it was during a heat wave in Melbourne (5&6th March 2013).

The staff were very helpful and friendly - i ordered some room service, very impressed by the dessert menu - the raspberry cheesecake - and the steak with veggies was delicious! exactly what I needed after a full on day of meetings.

Check out was easy - for me it was a great location close to South Melbourne as all my business meetings were in South Melbourne.

I would definitely stay again (depending on rates!) when in Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review.

It was a pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have forwarded your review on to the relevant staff for their congratulations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.