Not the worst hotel I've stayed in, but certainly was a disappointment compared to what the website and pictures made me expect. My boyfriend and I stayed in a queen room. No. 732. I'll start with the good and finish with the bad.
-Main lobby is nice and looks impressive
- Good size rooms
-The bed and pillows were very comfortable
-Nice large vanity area and mirror.
-Super awesome vanity mirror attached to the wall, would be great if you needed to apply make-up for a night out.
-Rooms seem to be quite well sound proofed as I had barely any interruption from the outside world save when people would pass the room in the hallway and even then that wasn't loud.
-Very nice and helpful staff upon check-in.
- Pool is just as pictured. Temperature is very nice. Gym was out of order, but I wouldn't have used it during my stay anyway, so it didn't matter to me. Spa looks awesome and there's a few pieces of exercise equipment up there that you could use.
- Pool is open from 5.30am - 11pm, which is awesome!
-Cleanliness was to a good standard, although there was still room for improvement.
-Most of the decor is old. The only modern parts of the room were the two couch chairs and the bed linen.
-Lighting was terrible, no main light, just a heap of lamps that all use differently located switches, which was confusing at first.
-The TV is located in a massive TV cupboard in the corner. Since nothing much else is stored in there they should really get rid of the outdated monster of a cupboard and replace it with a simple modern tv stand. Seriously people you can pick up some great bargains from IKEA and the like to really update your rooms and have a much better review overall from your guests. I understand that even buying cheap furniture it would take quite a bit of money to update their entire hotel, but with the amount of bad reviews I've read now it'd be worth it to keep their reputation up to standards.
-No DVD player in the room, so no watching any movies you've brought from home. TV is quite outdated, no HDMI port.
-Everything is hidden away in old cupboards and when you open them you find highly outdated appliances.
-Huge bedside tables that were probably made 15-20 years ago with non-operable radio, light and television switches.
-Power point behind left hand bedside table is hanging off the wall, which can't be good!
-Hard to find a free power point to charge your phone/laptop etc.
-Bath non-slip sticker mat was in need of a good clean or replacement as it was dirt stained.
-Shower would cause the bathroom to flood if on a decent pressure level as it sprayed out of the bath tub that was under it. So either you stood there under a drizzle, or you had to mop up the water once you were out.
-Parking lot is super tight and confusing to navigate. Some parks marked out that don't even make sense to park in as you could get completely blocked in. Lots of parks are reserved and it takes a while to find a free one. Only really the space for one car to drive up/down the ramps at a time, so hopefully no one meets another car coming from the other direction on one of the ramps, because it's gonna be a difficult one to figure out!
-Pool and spa are far apart. Pool is on level 1, spa is on level 8, which you have to get to by taking the lift to level 7 and then walking up the stairs to level 8.
-Hallways have water stained carpet
-Building has a slightly musty smell to it.
Location isn't in the city, but I knew it wouldn't be when coming here, so that wasn't a surprise. There's a tram stop just around the corner and St Kilda road has some conveniences, so it's not completely out of touch with everything.
Overall the rooms let the rest of the hotel down. Give the rooms an update and with that awesome pool and spa this would be a great place to stay in. For now though it's more for someone who just needs a bed and doesn't want to spend time in the room. It's definitely not a 4-star hotel, I would say it's a 2 or 3-star at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Eden Melbourne is conveniently located on Queens Road overlooking the picturesque Albert Park Lake and Port Phillip Bay. It is located in the heart of the St Kilda Road business district and is only a short tram ride away from Melbourne's Central Business District and Crown Entertainment Complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bayview Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Eden Melbourne
- Bayview Eden Hotel Melbourne