Bayview Eden Melbourne
$229
$210
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$195
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$199
$175
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsalbert parkqueens roadst kilda rdroom servicegood sizebusy roada short tram ridebotanic gardenstop floorlate checkoutbuffet breakfaststayed one nightpublic transportlovely roomcomfortable staychecking incity
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Although I was in Melbourne attending an event and was also visiting relatives I was on my own. Room services I found was prompt and the free use of the computer with free internet access in their Business Center comes in very handy which has to be a big plus. This hotel is worth recommending to anyone although it isn't cheap but there again I was there during the time of the Grand Prix. With trams running very near by on St Kilda Road and Melbourne town center a few stops away made it a very worth while trip. The staff at the hotel was very polite and attentive, always smile.

Room Tip: The rooms nearer the top are quieter and not too near the lifts. During March keep away from the rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for the kind review.

I am pleased to see that you had enjoyed your recent stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I fail to see how this place can receive the wonderful comments it has because our experience was anything but.

I am not sure if this is because we had purchased 2 Groupon vouchers to stay here? Perhaps because of this, we were seen as cheap skates and less deserving of the levels of service they would afford other guests?

From check in, we were treated as though we couldn't speak English (we were not spoken to at all really). There were no welcomes. Nothing. They just took our credit card security and gave us 2 room keys. Very odd behaviour for a person a hotel front desk.

We stayed in room 427. It was "noice". Lots of pink. I think other people must have been put in nicer rooms because ours wouldn't even be considered 2.5 stars let alone higher.

I have left comments on the "feedback" cards to this effect - that no matter how your guests arrive at your hotel, they should all be afforded the same level of respect. Don't put offers on sites such as Groupon if you're in the hospitality industry and not prepared to treat everyone the same. We felt very isolated, excluded and ignored the whole time we were there. Would not return - EVER.

Glad we got this hotel at Groupon price. It was a test for us to see if it was any good and if so, we planned to return (paying normal rate) as we travel to Melbourne frequently. They failed our test and did not meet our expectations at all and consequently, we won't return. I have never left a really negative review of a hotel before but our stay at the Bayview Eden in Melbourne warrants such feedback.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is "good" because there seems to be some differences with what customers stay in. Our room was terrible and as such, we have been left with a really negative impression of this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vmatsen

The Bayview Eden values all feedback to ensure we continue to offer a high level of service is maintained for all guests.

I have forwarded your review onto the relevant Department Managers for further follow up and to ensure the appropriate action is taken with regards to the points you have raised.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a fantastic weekend from the moment we walked through the front doors. Staff could not do enough for us. On the 7th floor, our room was above expectations.
we had a beautiful view of the Albert Park Lake. Our beautiful breakfast was first class. No complaints about our weekend whatsoever. We will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have forward your comments onto the relevant staff for the congratulations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

A hugely disappointing stay last week on WEDNESDAY 20 MARCH.
My girlfriend travelled from Tatura, over 2 hours away. I arrived at 9.15 pm from Balwyn. The picture below was of the $32 MEAL DEAL steak my girlfriend ordered - MEDIUM. She waited 30 minutes, rang down to room service after noting how overcooked it was. Was told they would cook another, but that meant another 30 minute wait - an hour in total !! My friend said not to worry, ate 3 mouthfuls and left the remainder. When we went to check out the following morning, we were told a refund couldn't be issued without a letter/email to management.
A 2* chef cooking in an apparent 4 * Hotel and doesn't know the difference between medium and over well done??
Secondly, when I arrived at 9.15pm I asked if a cab could be booked for 7.30 the following morning as we had to be somewhere by 8 am SHARP. At 7.40 am, after checking with Concierge it was discovered no cab had ever been booked the previous night.
And to cap it off, we were charged for breakfast that was quoted upon booking (done over the phone) as being included in the $179 room rate.
When I realised their error the following day and rang about calling in for a refund, I was told it couldn't happen until Monday because the GM and Financial Controller had to sign the form. I was also told by the Duty Manager "people make mistakes you know". Yes they do. 3 however is unacceptable in a 4* Hotel. And service recovery is paramount. At Bayview Eden it was appalling.
After a terse exchange with the Duty Manager he gave me his own money. I am still waiting though for the meal refund.
I trust no one has a refund issue this Thursday night because you are likely to be waiting until next Tuesday for a refund!!
The GM did attempt redemption with a phone call however it should NEVER have gotten to that stage and I will never return there.

Room Tip: Most helpful tip I could give is ..... Book the next Hotel down the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WendyMuffin
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Bayview Eden Melbourne values all feedback as we like to ensure a high level of service is maintained.

I have investigated your comments and would like to advise you that all Hotel procedures had been followed and some had been bent to accommodate your needs.

Bayview Eden Melbourne was under the impression that all your comments had been rectified, however, if this is not the case please contacts us directly.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

very good motel to stay at apart from check out time was 12 noon and cleaning staff started to bang on our door at 9.30 am and ask us when we were leaving. breakfast was ok apart from bacon was dry and eggs were over cooked

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Your feedback has been forwarded on to the relevant Managers for further discussions and to take the appropriate action.

I hope your choose to stay at the Bayview Eden on your next visit to Melbourne.

Front Office Manager.