“Great for the business traveller”
Review of Bayview Eden

Bayview Eden
Ranked #116 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here recently for one night and found it to be very good for a business trip. It is close to the freeway and access to the St Kilda and city areas and right opposite Albert Park for a nice walk after the plane.

I did this on an exceptionally good deal through Travelzoo where it was A$119 for Room, Breakfast and Parking.

Queens Road is busy but I found the double glazing to be adequate, unlike other hotels on this street.

Parking is via a different entrance so I suggest parking your car first and come up in the lift. The carpark is on Queens Way, directly behind the Queens Road Entrance and is well signposted.

Room contained a good variety of TV channels and everything I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

Definitely recommended for a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Your kind review has been forwarded to all the staff her for their congratulations.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne for your next Business trip in Melbourne.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was neat, spacious and clean. Didn't use room service or dine in the restaurant. As we were only there overnight didn't use the gym, spa or pool areas. the reception area was welcoming and had a nice waiting lounge and bar.The superior room on the 6th floor had a magnificent view of the bay, lake, golf course and gardens! Great place to be for the Grand Prix!!

Room Tip: 6th Floor Superior room looking out onto Albert Park Lake! Magnificent view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prinzir

Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the magnificent view overlooking Albert Park Lake.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Bayview, chosen for it's position on Albert Park Lake as well as near my head office on St Kilda Road. My room was quite roomy and almost clean (table with cup ring marks could have done with a good wipe). Bathroom clean however I am not into shower over bath with shower curtain. The wardrobe had had a door removed and the mini bar put in the space. I went to reception at about 6am to leave my room key whilst I went for a run but no one was there. I place my room card on the reception desk where it remained until I returned - still no one about. The Eden really needs a revamp. I would consider this property to more a 3 star than a 4.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your review onto the relevant Department Managers for further discussions and to take the appropriate action.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next business trip to Melbourne.

Russell.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

excellent stay, though some problem with the communication. i was staying for 3 nights and I did tell them a the time of checking in but the message was never passed on to the next shift staff.
its was okay value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I have brought your comments to the attention of the staff to limit this happening in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room and bathroom were clean and tidy and air-conditioned, the curtains blacked out even strong sunlight, however pre-used shampoo was a turn-off and the view from the 3rd floor required ignoring the ugly rooftops to see the golf course and surrounds. The service was very good with only a couple of isolated disappointments. The very small gym included some items out of order and evident rust, but the swimming pool was a good size for lap swimming and well maintained, as was the changing room. There were many available lounge areas; incidentally, wi-fi was advertised as being available in these public areas, but was sporadic to non-existent. The range for breakfast was adequate but nothing special and dinner was high quality. All up, a clean and tidy establishment, but lacking finesse.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you need to be higher than 3rd floor and on the West side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveEls

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your review onto our Housekeeping and Internet Support Departments to ensure the points you have raised are looked into and rectified.

I was pleased to read that the service you experienced was very good.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room, 429 was clean, didn't smell, had air conditioning, a comfy queen bed and an adequate view.
We got an online deal for $120 through hotels.com, the cheapest hotel room that close to the city, with 3+ stars on the date we needed.
Upon check-in, (early 1pm) the polite desk clerk offered no advice or information. In the deal we were supposed to get breakfast and free parking. We weren't told about anything, he just handed over the room key and waved us on our way. There were no other customers in the lobby, so it wasn't particularly busy. We knew there was a pool in the hotel from the website, but couldn't find where it was, it was not included in the room information folder nor noted in the elevator. We couldn't find a sign anywhere.
We could have asked, but it wasn't a priority for us. The room was outdated, but that wasn't a priority for us. Some people might be concerned by the following: The carpet was stained, but vacuumed. The TV was slow and outdated. The bathroom fixtures, tiles and shower curtain looked 20 years old.
The towels were clean, but well worn. There was ample storage/cupboard space, probably more than needed. The blackout curtains were effective.
A huge plus was that noise was not a problem.

We read that check out is 12, but had room service knocking on the door to ask if we were checking out at 10. They were very polite though.
Parking was free, although signs and the info folder said $10 per day, we weren't charged and no-one manned the boom gate, parking spaces were very small tight spaces, entry is from the rear lane with no space to park and check in at the front.
The bar fridge was stocked, but with room to put other things.
The view was adequate, not nasty but nothing too awesome, a partial view of the golf course across the road and of a building next door. No big deal for us. The view is probably better on higher more expensive floors.
The hotel was walking distance to food choices, including Mcdonalds, 7/11, Chinese restaurant, a pub style cafe, and two modern looking bar/restaurants (not for children) plus the hotel has a cafe and restaurant.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. $120 = bargain = adequate.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note your comments have been forwarded onto the relevant Department Managers for further discussions and to take the appropriate action.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After viewing their website and justifying the cost, I was lead to believe that the Bayview Eden hotel was too good to be true; and it was. The website is incredibly misleading and I would 100% agree that they are guilty of false advertising. Yes there was heating but no air conditioning. Yes there was a safe, but it didn't work properly and had to use your credit card to use it which meant it probably took out money every time it was used. Yes there is WiFi but you have to pay for it. It is only free in the lobby which meant the lobby was always package with too many people and not enough seating. There were also no sign of a work desk in my room, just a small round table for my belongings, not big enough to work from.

Firstly, I was given the wrong room. After being allocated to the right room, I was extremely disappointed. Soiled and stained carpets, a cigarette hole in the net curtain, stained and sticky in-room leaflets,.. As the days went on, I only noticed more problems. I lifted the valance of the bed to find the corner of a crisp packet and a dirty crumpled up tissue...god knows what that was used for! Taking into consideration that many different cleaners service the rooms, I left them there assuming at least one cleaner would dispose of them. A couple days later, when I noticed I was given a stained towel with a hole in, it reminded me to check under the bed. The rubbish was still there! I was livid.

To add to all this, the kettle was covered in limescale, the wifi in the lobby was always down and the food was overpriced (but this is normal for hotels). The staff however were all extremely nice, especially the man who I assume to be the restaurant manager. Those who worked at the reception and concierge were also very friendly. I'm not disappointed with all the staff, just the cleaners and the managers of the Bayview Hotel chains. More money and training should be put into place to ensure such a run down hotel doesn't exist in the heart of a big city.

Room Tip: Always ask for a different room if you are not happy with yours, regardless of how many times this m...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ariariar
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all forms of feedback as it allows us the chance to rectify as well as improve on certain aspects of the services and product we provide. Please be assured, I have forwarded your comments on to the relevant Department Managers to ensure the appropriate action is taken.

If you can please make contact and provide me with the room number of your stay, I will have our Maintenance inspect your room to ensure the points you have raised are checked and repaired.

With regards to the in-room safe, I can confirm that they are complimentary and that the credit cards are not charged. The credit cards are only required so that the safe becomes unique to you during your stay.

I was pleased to read that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. I hope you choose to stay with us again as we would like to show you that your recent stay is not of our normal high standard.