Hotel is not as close to Southern Cross Station or Swanston St, but still very walkable, only about 10 minutes.
First impressions of the hotel were great, bell boy picked up our bags and stored them away as we arrived early. Asian girl at reception kindly sorted out the paper work for us. When the room was ready I received a call to say that it was all okay to check in. Nice!
At check in, I asked for a late check out, as with other hotels, they replied saying that we would have to ask on the night before checkout. Fair enough. We then were handed our room cards, to our surprise, they didnt work, it was as if the cards were not programmed. Great! we went downstairs and they programmed it (you;d think they would have done this before giving us the keys). Note no apologies from staff or even a thanks, they just shoved the cards to us.
Room, well it was very clean, big, and was neat and tidy. Excellent room, for the money paid it was very hard to fault. It was great to have a mini kitchen in there.
Back to service...on the night before check out I asked for a late check out and was informed by reception that this was against their rules and that the manager had advised them not to allow such a thing anymore. Strange that she got very defensive about it too, she could have been nice about it. Odd though, as 2 days earlier someone at reception told me that it was possible.
Apart from the lack of decent service, this hotel is great. The best part being the room itself. Location is okay, but the uphill walk from Swanston gets pretty tiring after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Little Bourke Melbourne is truly Melbourne's best kept secret. Centrally located in Melbourne's CBD it allows guests quick, easy access to premium local attractions including boutique shopping, famous eat streets and a host of cultural experiences including the Melbourne Art gallery, Melbourne Museum and the landmark Federation Square. Offering a choice of spacious accommodation ranging from studio suites to two bedroom apartments, Mantra on Little Bourke boasts all the comforts of home including lounge and dining areas, kitchenettes, cable TV, in-house movies and air conditioning. Please note Mantra on Little Bourke has limited suites available with washing machines & dryers. Requests can be made at time of reservation, but cannot be guaranteed. Guests also benefit from a host of helpful hotel services such as 24 hour reception and room service, daily housekeeping, concierge assistance, valet service, undercover parking and more. Alibi Kitchen & Bar is located downstairs in Mantra on Little Bourke and offers exceptional food and service. Open seven days for breakfast and dinner and for lunch Monday to Friday. Corporate travellers will find Mantra on Little Bourke a comfortable and convenient base from which to conduct business. Universally famous for multicultural dining, vibrant night-life, boutique shopping and a thriving art culture, Melbourne is a popular destination, appealing to both business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Mantra on Little Bourke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Little Bourke Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Little Bourke Melbourne