“Good Value Package”

Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Geelong
“Good Value Package”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I booked a two night package at this hotel through an internet site. We found the room comfortable and bathroom small but clean. The indoor pool, spa and gym area was well used during our stay and are all a good size. Breakfast which wasnt included in our package, was $30pp for a full buffet, very expensive start to the day which we didnt take advantage of. We used Room service for evening meals and they provided a good kids menu and some other reasonably priced meals. The hotel is located about a five minute walk from the nearest tram stop and is situated across the road from Albert park. Parking is not free, valet is offered and I believe the going rate was $25 for 24 hours. I can not complain about the room, service or facilaties offered, however as I mentioned I thought breakfast was too pricey and would have certainly taken advantage of it if it were offered at $20 - $22 dollars per person.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Overall not bad but a few things for management to focus on. One is that the water pressure in the shower was truly abysmal. Also for a hotel of this stature I would expect a separate shower not one of those do-it-yourself shower head in the bath contraptions.
Second gripe: to charge A$8 for the small bottle of water left in your room is outrageous.
By all means charge for using the mini-bar but in many if not most hotels the water is complimentary.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gplk
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed at the Citigate Albert Park for a conference in March, and was really impressed with the friendly service throughout my stay. My room was spacious and immaculately clean, and the blackout curtains and extremely comfy bed were very much appreciated!

The bathroom was clean and spacious, and my room also had a comfy sofa, good tv and small table and chairs. The room service food wasn't particularly great, but I never usually eat room service food so maybe that's to be expected!

The hotel itself runs parallel to St Kilda Road, so a quick, easy tram ride (or longer walk!) is easily within reach, with lots of popular cafes and bars nearby.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
South Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I booked my three night stay at the Sebel on www.lastminute.com.au as a 'secret hotel', so I didn't know which hotel I was staying at until the booking was confirmed. I immediately made my way to Trip Advisor to read the reviews and was a little concerned.

On arrival I quickly realised those concerns were completely unfounded.

I stayed in a room on the fifth floor, overlooking St Kilda Road and Wesley College. The room was large, airy, tastefully decorated and quiet throughout my stay. Occasionally I heard people in the hall but I never noticed any traffic noise.

I had room service each night and whilst reasonably expensive it was well worth it. I thoroughly recommend the chicken caesar salad and the pear and rhubarb creme brulee was just divine. The breakfasts were amazing as well.

The city was easy to get to, either on foot for those who enjoy a 45 minute stroll or via any of the seemingly hundreds of trams that travel St Kilda Road each day. I also walked to St Kilda pier one morning, which only took about half an hour.

Whilst not located in the CBD, I found the Sebel very convenient for my trip. I had no trouble getting to meetings in Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood and even Heidelburg, either using public transport or walking.

I found the reception, door and room service staff polite, friendly and very helpful.

I really liked the Sebel and hope to stay there again next time I travel to Melbourne.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dublin
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have been staying at The Sebel Albert Park for almost 3 years now for business and after my last stay thought it about time that I spread the word...things just keep getting better!

I'm met every stay by the Concierge on the driveway, who, more often than not remember me - perhaps not always by name, but always a smile and a "welcome back". The Reception team are helpful and always offer me the discounted breakfast package of $25 (pretty good deal in Melbourne these days) and I think the buffet spread is definitely more than you find in other Melbourne hotels. My colleages and I often ask for rooms close together and this never seems too much hassle.

I've stayed in a fair few of the room types and think that my favourite is the Sebel room with the view over the lake. Never a noise from traffic - this is the beauty of being just outside the city centre I suppose.

Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Booleroo Centre, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed 3 nights enjoyed many meals the staff were efficient and freindly. The conference facilities were good. The rooms very comfortable.
An all around good experience in a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Aust
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed in a room on the fifth floor and could not believe the road traffic noise. Luckily I packed the ear plugs. The King Bed sadly was two single beds pushed together, hence the large hill in the middle where the two matresses joined did not make for a romantic stay. Breakfast @ $25 per head booked the night in advance was delightful and well worth it. We wanted to eat early at 6pm and the restaurant looked cold lonely and not that appetising or inspirational So we travelled to a Thai in East Bentleigh. We decided not to use valet parking at $34 and parked on the side road for free before but you must leave before 8am. Is there a good value hotel with parking and breakfast for under $200 in Melb. I asked wotif the same question and did not get a reply over a month ago. It appears maybe not.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple