I was there with my wife and 6 year old daughter for a short stay.
Nice looking place due to recent refit. Beds are comfortable and rooms well fitted out. Breakfast was pretty good. That's the good stuff. The bad:
Internet ridiculously priced. We paid $40 for a 3 day package. If you use the cable connection then speed is ok but forget the Wi-Fi (we were on the 6th floor) as it keeps dropping out. Not good for a business hotel. Most decent hotels around the world (and quite a lot of mid-level ones) provide free Wi-Fi. To add insult to injury you are limited to 2 devices, so no good if you have a laptop, ipad and phone or, like us, you both have laptops and ipads. If you only have an ipad then you are in trouble due to the unreliable wireless signal.
Want a bottle of water? That will be $6.50 but not cold. Small one (cold) from the mini bar $5!!
Room service - I had a burger and my wife an Asian dish, no drinks - nearly $60! The food was good quality but not $60 worth.
Pool is indoor and a bit dingy, but serviceable. Gym equipment limited and some of it was out of order.
Overall I would consider staying there again if I was on business, but wouldn't take the family there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park is located opposite Albert Park Lake, just minutes from Melbourne’s CBD and St Kilda’s beaches. The hotel offers 379 spacious guest rooms featuring LCD TV's, on demand movies, satellite television and internet access, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, mini-bar as well as tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel also features a gymnasium, indoor pool, spa and sauna as well as three dining outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Melbourne Albert Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- The Sebel And Citigate Albert Park Melbourne
- Sebel Albert Park Hotel Melbourne