“Extremely enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #73 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel or several years. When it was the Sebel Citigate it felt fairly tired and the service was very ordinary. I was interested to see what changes Pullman management would make.
The Ist thing I noticed after the change was that the service started to improve almost immediately however the decor remained pretty tired.
Well it's been a few months since I stayed here and I was very pleasantly surprised! The hotel has been upgraded, the rooms are now large, Modern and very comfortable with very stylish furniture and fit out - very nice indeed. The service levels have also improved and is worthy of 5 stars.

Well done Pullman - I look forward to my next visit

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. I’m delighted to hear that you are enjoying our recently refurbished hotel and that our service has improved.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked a weekend away (without realising it was grand final weekend!). The room was great (lake view), decent sized bathroom. The memory foam pillows were a little firm though.

I used the brand new executive lounge for breakfast and it was great, quiet and very fashionable. The rest of the lounge was nice too, a few secluded areas for reading or chatting.

I will be back in a couple of weeks time for my next stay because regardless of the location away from the CBD the value can't be beat.

An hourly/ on request city shuttle might be a nice new addition. Something that seems very popular in Asia and I think would suit this hotel very well.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear your stay at the hotel was enjoyable and that you got to experience our new Executive Lounge. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with my team and we looking forward to seeing you back at the hotel in a few weeks.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great location,Customer friendly reception staff,helped us to check-in early.However,poor room design,low lying lamps over head,congested room with poor air conditioning-all of us ended up with common cold and sore throat.Poor quality sleep due to poor air conditioning.Also the rooms don't have a proper lighting system.After our first day,post room service/cleaning,they didn't leave enough toilet tissues too!!And they only leave a 100ml cartridge of milk in the fridge for a family for a day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay. We were pleased to note you had enjoyed your stay, however I would like to apologise for any short falls you experienced. These will be addressed with my team, and in turn we hope to rectify these issues.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Located mid way between the CBD, and St Kilda this hotel is stylish and efficiently managed. Staff are friendly and helpful. I Obtained Competitive rates booking from the hotel web site. Morning walks around the lake were a great way to start the day. Rooms above the lobby can be a bit noisy if the lobby bars are busy at night. Go for a room in one of the wings or above level 5 if you want to ensure peace and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Karenag42
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
Geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at the Pullman Melbourne for a night following a training meeting.

The hotel is really well placed in St Kilda, overlooking Albert Park. Parking was easy - though make sure you go round the side of the hotel to the self parking (loads of spaces) rather than using the valet parking at the front (unless valet parking is your thing!).

I arrived at noon and my room was already ready. I had booked an 'Executive Suite' - always like to have a bigger room!.

The hotel has a dramatic internal glass atrium. A tiny bit 70's, but obviously all recently updated.

My room was on the 8th floor with amazing views of Albert Park and what becomes the Grand Prix circuit. The room was great, very nice bathroom (huge shower, though no bath). The only tiny point was the sofa/lounge which looked more like something from an airport and would not be very comfortable for more than one person.

I had my dinner in my room. Very tasty grilled free range chicken. Very reasonable price, very quick service.

There is Nespresso coffee in the room, a well stocked mini-bar and two TV's. The wireless internet was very wobbly and the wired internet didn;t work - this didn;t really matter as I had my own 3G.

I did think of watching a movie - however, the choice was not great, and when I had found one I thought I might like, the cost was $15.95 to rent - which rather turned me off! I downloaded a rental from iTunes for $4 instead!

So, all in all, a really nice hotel. A few minor things would make it really great.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlloking the park.