“my recent stay in april”

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #73 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Hong Kong, China
“my recent stay in april”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

this hotel is currently undergoing renovation work, and is quite noisy especially in the daytime period, and I was woken up by the drilling noise at 8:30am, which is an hour earlier than my scheduled time, and the noisy environment did force me out of my room :(

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review however I would like to apologise for the noise level you experienced and for being woken up in the early morning due to the hotels current refurbishment.

Once again I apologise, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good location, hotel under renovation at present, room a bit tired. Good service and clean&tidy. I felt it was somewhat overpriced, 4 stars hotel..............................................
...........................................................................................................................................

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will be reviewed and discussed further with my team.
Singapore
Reviewed April 21, 2013

7 nights stay in March 2013.

Room was huge, beds were great, toiletries awesome. Staff was very polite and helpful. Rooms are all non-smoking so you gotta go down to the lobby for a ciggy.

Waiting in-line to check in at 10 pm on arrival was kinda strange, there was a queue and only 2 staff available. Maybe it was just one of those nights.

Room was magnificent, no complaints there. Everything you needed was there. The jacuzzi bathtub was a great touch. Loved it.

Shower was a bit strange, maybe nostalgic but so inconvenient. Two round-turn handles (Hot and Cold) instead of the one handle where you can balance hot and cold showers. The thing about having two handles is you dont have a set gauge, unless you continue to let the shower run whilst you are soaping. With the one handle, it was easier and you push in to stop the water and push out to get water back at the same temperature. Like I said, maybe nostalgic but it does waste a lot of water having to let it run whilst you soap.

Internet was great on the first 2 days, and then it started acting up. On business travel, hotels have to realise that Internet is major, you do sometimes need to do work in the room, download not basic emails but sometimes large attachments, so it baffles me why connection speed was around 0.10 mbps on some nights. They did issue me another password but it didnt improve by that much. Certainly Skype conference calls were not clear enough. Again, I think hotels should consider this factor as not all guests are vacation stayers. Compared to their sister hotel in Novotel Ambassador Gangnam which I stayed at after this trip, Internet speeds were at 14 mbps.

Breakfast was normal, not fantastic but its ok to get you started.

Location wise, you are facing the Albert Park GP circuit, with Albert Lake within 3 mins walking distance. Good for those who like to go for a run after work. However, there is almost nothing around, restaurants close early and convenience stores are about 10 to 15 mins walk away. Your only option would be Chapel Street I guess for those late nights. Airport is about 40 mins away at around AUD$60.

Overall, if it werent for the frustration with the Internet, this is a great hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Bring your own toothbrush.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the detailed feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us however I apologise for the shortfalls experienced with the shower and internet. We are continuously striving improve the quality of our services provided, so I will be sure to discuss these points with my team.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently stayed for 4 nights as part of a conference attendance. Overall the experience was far from ideal, with poor service being the primary issue.

The first issue was just after check-in on Thur night. I needed a suit pressed overnight, and the slip in the room stated that this was possible provided pick up occurred prior to 7pm. However I rang Housekeeping at 6:35pm and there was no answer after multiple attempts. The concierge then told me Housekeeping had gone for the day, and that they didn't offer this service anyway (despite being listed on the hotel paperwork). After a number of phone calls backwards and forwards over the next 1.5hrs, they said the best they could do was a pick up at 0600hrs and delivery back to me "sometime after 10am". I explained this was unacceptable as I had to attend the conference at 9am.

On either Friday or Saturday morning there was a horrendously loud drilling sound which lasted for approximately half and hour, with large amounts of banging as well. There was no warning note, phone call or message saying that serious hotel work was occurring and that this kind of noise was possible.

On Saturday afternoon I returned to my hotel to find that the room had been visited, but the bathroom had not been properly cleaned.

On Sunday morning my breakfast arrived with 2 butter packets whose foil tops were torn and the butter exposed.

Overall I was very unhappy with the service. The room itself was adequate, but the service was very poor, and many of the staff with whom I had contact seemed uninterested or lacking in morale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provided feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to the dry cleaning requested during your stay. I am unsure why you were told we couldn’t provide the dry cleaning you needed, as this is something we do offer guests as per the details listed in your room. I will be sure to discuss this further with my team to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I also apologise for the noise level you experienced. The hotel is currently going through a room refurbishment, and some loud noise works have occurred.

I have sent you a private message with contact details for our Rooms Division Manager who would be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Once again I apologise and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel once again, to provide you with the service and standards all guest should receive when staying at the Pullman & Mercure Melbourne Albert Park.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My short stay in the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park was a satisfying one.
1. My room was facing the inner street towards St. Kilda Road (not facing the lake). Rooms were big, tidy and clean. Toilets were also clean.
2. Staff at the reception and concierge were always helpful. Helped me with getting the dental kit (free) and wifi and using the MyKi card; and getting a taxi etc.
3. Breakfast at the Windows was superb, a daily buffet with the usual Western style breakfast and a wide selection of bread and fruits and ham. Food in the Atrium Bar and Lounge was reasonably priced, the staff was chatty and friendly, and the Hamburger and Fish and Chips were nice.
4. Location was okay but not central. Tram stop (no. 27 on St. Kilda Road) very nearby. Take the tram (16, 3, 3a etc) north and you will be in the city in around 15 minutes. Or, you can travel by tram to St. Kilda Beach & Luna Park in the opposite direction.
5. Travelling further around: the Prahran train station is around 15 minutes' walk from the hotel. It will take you towards Flinders Street Station up north and Sandringham and the Brighton Beach down south. The bayside is just 30 minutes away by tram and well worth a visit along the coastal trail. There is a restaurant there that top the Tripadvisor's charts.
6. I think for A$130 per night (breakfast included) was reasonable and I am happy to come back next time; for the good location, service and room quality.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that various members of our staff were more than helpful with any of your requests. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our Chef in regards to the breakfast buffet and the food served in Atrium Bar + Lounge.

We hope to see you back at the hotel again in the near future.
Melbourne
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am a regular at this hotel for its location to my exams. I had always had a wonderful stat till my recent one. On the Monday of day 2 of my stay I was awoken to hammering and heayy thumps which then escalated to drilling at 10 am. This compounded the fact I was trying to study for my exam due in a few hours. I rang the front desk to enquiry for the drilling, only to be told that there are renovations and the room could be changed but no promise of peace could be given. This again happened the next day as I tired to have a sleep in after a exhaustingj day of exams. But no luck. Again I called to enquire why building going on at 8am and drilling, again to be told renovations. At no time from when I booked to when I booked in was there any mention of renovations. Paying for a top room I was quite disappointed about the noise and the lack of information. being a regular customer, no genuine apology was given. I checked out early to find a place where I could relax. Very disappointed. I know other colleagues were as disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to provided feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to level of noise you experienced from the refurbishment taking place at the hotel during our stay with us. We have a no noise works policy in place, ensuring that all noisy works commence from 10.00am. I will investigate with my team, why the noisy works started at 8.00am.

I have also sent you a private message with contact details for our Rooms Division Manager who would be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed here once before and found the rooms simple but pleasant, clean and newly refurbished. I had a nice view of the lake & the room service was prompt.
Unfortunately, despite hanging 'Do not disturb' sign on my door I was woken up twice by staff who had obviously failed to communicate with the front desk about my prearranged & fully paid for late check out.
The second staff enquirer was abrupt & rude, and I felt quite threatened.
This is an experience a colleague of mine also had.
I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to our staff entering your room when you had the ‘Do not Distribute’ sign on your door. I will be reviewing this further with my Rooms Division Manager, as this should not have happened. Once again I apologise and I hope we can be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.