1,525 results
All reviewsst kildawindows restaurantlake viewqueens roadroom serviceconference facilitiesaccor hotelsthe executive loungebuffet breakfastvalet parkingindoor pooltram stopchapel streetking bedper dayroom was spaciousgreat room
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the Grand Prix weekend after obtaining this hotel through Last Minute Secret Deal. We were initially told it was the Mecure Albert Park King room but when we checked in we had been moved to the Pullman hotel as the Mecure had no rooms. The room was a Queen room with a disabled bathroom so was set up for a wheelchair, which was fine for 1 night although couldn’t stand under the shower head, and after discussing this with front desk they offered us free parking so we were more than happy with our room, it was clean and adequate.
The service from the moment we arrived we were greeted in the driveway by a very helpful and friendly gentleman, check in was fast and professional. Staying over the Grand Prix weekend was extremely busy but service was top notch, all staff we encountered were helpful, friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Buffet Breakfast was simple, not the best buffet I have had but certainly not the worst, the selection was limited, being vegetarian the hotel breakfast selection was limited no mushrooms etc.
The hotel is around the corner from tram stops and directly over the road from Albert Park (Gate 9 if travelling to the Grand Prix).
We didn’t find the rooms too hot or noisy would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for the detailed feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and we hope to see you back here again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in March. Walked into room and it was very hot. In a heat wave but considering the foyer and restaurant were very cool, the rooms could have been also. Spent 1st night covered in wet towels to keep me cool. Next day asked for a fan at about 11am. They sent someone to check air con. He said it was set for 16*C. Might have been coming out of vent, but room was very stuffy. Would loved to have been able to open a window. Got the fan about 3pm ish, a bit slow. I must say the staff were very helpful apart from that. Room was very clean. Food was very nice although very expensive. Don't know why they must have the most expensive water around (Evian).

Room Tip: If it's hot when you get there, be sure and ask for a fan or get it checked out asap when you get there or you could be waiting a while.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to the temperature in the room and that we were not able to rectify the problem during your stay. The load on the air conditioners over that hot day was greater than anticipated; as a result the hotel is currently reviewing all air conditioners.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I found checkin disapointing because we had to wait in the lounge area on a very hot day, when I requested a drink I was informed they don't supply complimentry drinks.

On checkout the staff seems to be under pressure and didn't show any pleasure in dealing with me.

The rooms were comfortable, clean and suited our needs.

The location of the hotel is suitable for access to CBD, beaches and surounding suburbs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I would like to apologise for the short falls you experienced during your stay with us and that you were told we couldn’t get you a complimentary drink while waiting for your room. This is something we could have organised for you as it was a very hot day. I will be discussing this further with my team, as to why this wasn’t offered.

Once again I apologise, and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed Wednesday and Thursday. March 6 1nd 7, 2013. Walking into my room was like entering an oven. Given another room. Same result. Finally after 70 minutes settled for a room that was "just bearable" from a temperature point of view. Staff were very helpful but I felt sorry for the young man who had to tell me that: "The Afternoon sun was the cause of hot rooms facing the lake". Ordered room service - poor service. Meal fair.
Given that Melbourne was in the grip of a heatwave it would have been wonderful to find a cool drink at an airconditioned bar. Not in this place. Will avoid this place in the summer.

Room Tip: Unless the airconditioning is updated don't ask for a room with a view of the lake when it is hot outdoors!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. The load on the air conditioners over the hot period in Melbourne greater than anticipated; as a result we are currently reviewing all air conditioners for next year's summer.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you back at the hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked on wotif very last minute. Room was $125. Room 4409 from memory so I looked out onto other rooms of the hotel. The bedding configuration on the receipt was 1 King, I got two queens and the mattress had no support what so ever.
The room was hot and stuffy when I arrived around 11pm, I tried adjusting the thermostat to no avail.
I prepaid $25 for breakfast. At breakfast I selected fruit salad and was about to get natural yoghurt but it looked like vomit so selected a tub of yoghurt instead. I went to the coffee machine to get a coffee but as it only dispenses half a cup I got two.
I was there on a Thursday and I swear I was eating Mondays fruit salad. The watermelon was bruised and the pineapple was sour. It was terrible. I couldn't eat it.
The coffee was way too strong. So disappointing.
I was going to complain to the girl on the desk as I walked out but I figured it's not her fault and why should I have to complain at all.
This was a mystery hotel. Had I known it was Mercure, Sebel, Citigate, Pullman or whatever name they rebrand it to I would not have booked it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I would like to apologise for the short falls you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Director of Food and Beverage in regards to the breakfast buffet, as this is not the standard we strive for. I will ensure this is reviewed and looked into further.

I understand you have not enjoyed your stay with us, however I do how we can be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel so you can experience the service and quality we are known for.