“Great location for Xmas activities”

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #73 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Great location for Xmas activities”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just spent 5 days leading up to Xmas at the Sebel.Found the staff great,the location ideal and the family room great value for money in this clean hotel.The pool/gym and restraunt facilities made it a great family stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have just returned from our stay at this hotel. We had booked for 3 nights and ended up extending our stay to include New Years Eve. We enjoyed it from start to finish. The staff could not do enough for you and were friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel was clean and modern. The breakfasts were fabulous and the views from the lakeside rooms magic. We spent New Years Eve in our room watching the fireworks over Melbourne. Beautiful. We would not hesitate to book this hotel again. Thank you for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: Lakeside room on floor 9. We had room 9611. Lovely and quiet
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Tired of drab motels which promise value? Our stay the at the Sebel & Citigate was fantastic. Easy parking, great location. We were extremely impressed when we walked in the main entrance. All the staff were lovely (especially the young lady at the bar). We were further impressed by the spacious room. We booked a standard room & was really pleased that there was room to move and it was more like a room than a shoebox with a bed.
The pool/spa/gym area was well set out and there were quite a few family's enjoying the area.
The staff explained to us that the restaurant was being renovated, so we were seated in a different area but treated like restaurant patrons. We look forward to coming back to see the restaurant when it opens. Oh! and who'd have thought - we booked boxing day for the following day & got a great last minute deal :-). Thanks Sebel & Citigate - we'll be recommending you to family, friends & colleagues & visiting again soon.

Room Tip: If you needing economical, the standard rooms are great :-). Bet the higher priced rooms are lovely...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SebelCitigateAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park. We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel; you will have to try our seafood buffet next time you stay with us.
Victoria
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Every member if staff we encountered from our stay went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Especially the check in staff and restaurant staff who were exceptionally helpful with my gluten free dietary needs.
We had booked an executive 9th floor room after reading other reviews and the room view was stunning! Expansive views of Albert Park Lake and the Bay. We enjoyed watching the ships and yachts in the bay and the swans on the lake. The sunsets viewed from the room were stunning, surpassed only by the city lights view after dark.
The room furniture was dated, a little scratched and sparse, but quite serviceable. The bathroom , also in need of a update, had a bath spa and a comfortable separate shower. We enjoyed every moment of staying in this very large room with a king size bed. The small extra cost is worth every cent. Our favourite Melbourne hotel is the Sofitel, but this hotel equals them for service and at half the price, if don't mind a slightly dated look. Personally I think the trade off is well worth it.
Thank you Sebel Albert Park. We will be back.

Room Tip: Book an executive floor room, located on the 8th and 9th floors. Room 9607 is large with a stunning...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and found the rooms modern and very clean with comfy beds and great room service. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, offering us a high chair for our room without us requesting it as they saw we were staying with a child. The room service menu was extensive and everything we had was tasty, especially the sebel burger! The buffet breakfast was pricey, but they offer a la carte versions so I recommend the scrambled eggs with toast, a huge serving! We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the 5 the floor and had a beautiful view over Albert Park to the bay in the distance. The parkade was easily accessible from the hotel lifts and reasonable. All in all a great stay, and I'm a fussy traveller!

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Not only did I have a very bad experience in terms of customer service, but the incidence also makes me wonder how the Sebel treats their own employees... Find out more!

I stayed at this place for one night during an overnight business trip to Melbourne and unfortunately, forgot to pack my blouse, one of my favorites in my wardrobe. I wore it on the same night and then left it on the towel rack, which I unfortunately only noticed once at the airport. I thought a quick call to the hotel will do it, but that's when the nightmare started...

I was told that the relevant staff had already gone home for the day, but they would follow up tomorrow and ring me back. No sign the following day, so I rang back myself later in the day only to be told that the cleaning lady was off that day, but they would call me back tomorrow, and so on and so forth... Eventually, many days later, it turned out that my blouse got lost in the process.

I am faced with an astounding lack of customer attention & a great deal of sloppiness, but things got even worse worst. When I spoke to hotel the 10th time, I was eventually promised compensation. Well, I thought at last they are showing some form of attention and trying to make up for the loss. On that same day, I then got a text from the staff that I spoke to saying, he now would have to pay me out of his own pocket because management refuses to do so - is this a bad joke trying to discourage me to claim compensation or is this place actually a sweatshop that exploits its own employees?

Either way, I am totally disgusted by the hotel's behaviour and have strongly encouraged my company to take this place off the list.

Just getting the basics right is just not enough for a supposedly high-end place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Christina S
This guest has been contacted via private message.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a week and found the staff to be very obliging and friendly. My husband would usually stay here every second week as he had to commute from Brisbane so he was familiar with the hotel.
As we have moved interstate we had a lot of luggage and a roof box on top of a 4wd which they could park in the staff car park because of the height. We asked for a microwave to be put in our room which arrived within 5 mins of arrival.
The room was a great size and is in an L shape, there are two single beds a couch and chair the queen size bed is around the bend with a dressing room and good sized bathroom.
We were very comfortable but had issues with the air con which was set too low for us. I did ask for it to be changed which was done but it automatically dropped back down again the next day. There is extra blankets supplied but if you are living in the room I felt it was too cold.
There is a good sized pool and a basic gym in the same room so the chlorine fumes can be overpowering if you are working out. A few more fans would be good.
There is a plentiful supply of toiletries and a tea and coffee facility in the room. I would purchase a cappuccino from the cafe in the foyer which had a range of breakfast and lunch muffins and sandwiches too.
We had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel.