“Check out the Butter Chicken on the bar menu”

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #77 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great room, good staff. Check out the butter chicken on the bar menu ... yum!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
SebelCitigateAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Dear Michael, thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto our chef. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I recently stayed here for business and was quite surprised at how comfortable it was.

The room was huge, And it was very clean.

Staff were great and were only to happy to help with any questions.

Its close to the city and accross from Albert Park which is lovely.

The only problem was the thermostat was stuck and would not move I could have probably gotten this fixed but was very tired and just went to sleep and opened the window to let some cool air in.

I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your time at The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne. I will have our Chief Engineer look at the thermostat in the room.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Had a pleasant stay here for the Australian Open 2012. It's just outside the city centre but the tram stop is close by and it's a 15 minute tram ride to Fed Square (or $15 by taxi). Front desk people very friendly, helpful and professional. Rooms are a decent size, very clean, quiet and comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel but apparently they have a great seafood buffet on weekend nights. Would recommend this hotel for a couple of days stay in Melbourne any time.

Room Tip: Lakeside view is nice. It is towards the street but the room is not noisy at all (insulated windows...
2  Thank SydneyDinks69

Thank you for staying at The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park. We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel; you will have to try our seafood buffet next time you stay with us.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Thank you for a great 2 night stay at the Citigate in Albert Park. The service was fantastic and staff were always available and attentive and really helpful. It made the stay really plesant. The room we stayed in was all renovated and clean and very comfortable. We were really pleased having had such a great stay!!

Room Tip: We didn't have a room with a lakeside view but the room was had was very good. it was very large...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay and that various members of our staff were more than helpful with any of your requests. Our staff pride themselves on their friendly levels of guest service and ensuring that all our guests are well looked after. Your comments will be shared with all of our team.

Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We booked this hotel through a deal on lastminute.com and got a good rate for it.

Firstly the service at front desk was good. We were greeted by a friendly porter out front, who took our luggage and gave advice on the valet ($29 a day) v's self park ($16) a day, which I thought was considerate.
We were promptly checked in, and went to our room only to find it was two single beds. We had specified Queen bed on the booking, and had the print out as verification, alas this was not the room we were given. I went back to reception, and another two couples were complaining of the same issue. The response from front desk? "Oh, that's how the rooms for that deal are normally configured. The beds just zip together in the middle for a queen. I can send someone up now to reconfigure the room". I was ready for this response when it came to me, and I quickly refused and asked for a pre-made room as I had a business lunch to attend in 20 minutes in the city.
We were given a different room, but with a slight bit of guff and key slamming on desk when I asked for it. (-1 star)

Apart from that, all was fine with the staff of the hotel. Friendly without being too overbearing, and polite and courteous despite my run in with one member. The rooms, actually the whole hotel, is bland white. It's white everywhere. No pictures, no differing shades of colour, no prints. Just WHITE.
The room was simple, clean, but again just the typical modern day bland white that a lot of low cost hotels seem to have.
There is a well equipped gym and a pool also in the hotel, which I thought added value for the price.

The only gripe I had with the room was in the bathroom. The water pressure in the tap was crazy, which caused it to hum noisily unless you put it on full gush. This wasn't just our room, but other rooms I could hear in Tower 1 on level 5. Might have just been that level, I don't know.

So all in all, would I recommend? Yes, if you want a cheap place to lay your head. Bed is comfortable, room is clean, it's close to the St Kilda Road and heaps of trams to the city. But if you are looking for something a little more fancy, I wouldn't stay here as you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jimmymmurphy, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, however I would like to apologise for the bedding error in your room. I will also have our maintenance department review the water pressure in the room.

Thanks again, and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

By paying more and asking for a room with a lakeside view and king size bed, you are rewarded with a scenic view of Albert Park and beyond to Port Philip Bay. From my room at 7am I watched the Tasmanian Explorer head out, and as I sipped my coffee enthusiastic Melbournian joggers and walkers plied the 5km walk around Albert Park.

No doubt, this 8th floor room would be an eye popper for the Grand Prix!!

If you love kids as I do but don't like their squeals and splashes when you are enjoying a getaway, have a swim at 7am and you will swim by yourself in utter peace.

As i was going to a wedding in Albert Park this hotel was well located plus easy for the cabdriver to get me back to the airport.

Double glazed windows made the room almost noiseless and the bed was very comfortable. The room was large and at one point I fitted in 8 guests quite well as the room is large and T shaped. Our pre wedding champagne get together in the room was great!!

Room Tip: Rooms lakeside on higher floors are well worth the price
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
SebelCitigateAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for staying at The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park. We were delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on any future visits you may make to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We always stay here when we are in Melbourne. It's not the most conveniently located to the city but it has parking at a reasonable rate for the hire car, the room rate doesn't break the bank, the breakfasts are pretty good and it has rooms with two queen sized beds, which we really like. They are also always falling over themselves to be helpful. Once we were so close to the elevator shaft we could feel the vibration. They immediately moved us. Once the airconditioning was uncomfortably cold and wouldn't go any warmer. They immediately sent an engineer to sort out our zone. There's an indoor pool and a gym. The rooms are quite spacious.

Room Tip: Facing inwards. No traffic noise. Away from the elevator - you can feel the vibration.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

I am happy to hear that your recent stay with us was enjoyable and thank you for your positive comments. We hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.