Saw plenty of bad reviews before I booked, but these related to the Standard rooms. So I thought the Premier Room may be better, looks quite nice on the internet. I called the hotel and asked how old the rooms were and the lady told me they are undergoing renovations and will be completed by Oct for my stay... I thought "great." It was supposed to be a romantic getaway so I also requested a queen bed, I had also put in my booking comments that our 3 night stay was part of a Birthday surprise. A surprise it was! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE... our room was nothing like what they show on the internet and was not renovated at all. Slapping in some new cheap carpet is not a renovation and you will see this as soon as you walk down the trashed hallways. The rooms are old (I .would guess 15+ years) and they stink of smoke even if it is labeled a non-smoking room now (clearly the door signs are new, but the rooms were smoking for a long time which the smell is evidence of. The sheets and bed spreads had cigarette burn holes! the drawers in the rooms were filled with crumbs, this hotel was dirty. Plus although asking for a Queen bed we were given 2 doubles which took up most of the room (despite requesting a Queen months in advance). They claim to be a 4 star, more like a 2.5 star. We spoke to the Manager on duty and he could not have cared less.... after we referred him to the Premier Room shown on their website internet he tells us like we should ahve known "oh no, there is only one room that looks like that." This hotel is a joke and what they show on their website is false advertising that's for sure! Instead of views to Albert Park, we had views over air conditioning units and a dodgy carpark.... were so convinced we were given a Standard room rather than Premier we asked to see one of their Standard rooms, it was practically the same except even smaller and yes, despite non-smoking it stunk of smoke. Their Business Centre has one computer and the internet didn't work, so don't expect to have any internet either. We were so upset firstly about the room, then the treatment by the Manager/staff that we ended up staying somewhere else and checked out at 10pm. They gave us a refund of our prepaid accommodation and to be honest that was the only good thing that happened to us at this hotel. We ended up spending more money for a 3 star IBIS, without parking or breakfast... but it was well worth it! At least the IBIS was honest about their star rating and what it offered and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Whatever you do, don't let your trip be ruined by booking this hotel... I promise you you will regret booking here! As a traveller of over 15 years, I have never been so disappointed by such a false advertised hotel. Even the staff couldn't be honest when I called prior to booking and asked the age of the rooms, I still can't believe she proudly told me they were being renovated, clearly there is something very wrong with this hotel extending all the way down to their staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between Melbourne's CBD and St Kilda Beach, Bayview On The Park provides the perfect location to explore all Melbourne has to offer. Melbourne Aquarium, South Yarra shopping district and St Kilda Esplanade are all only a short tram ride away, with the added convenience of onsite car parking (fees apply). Bayview On The Park is just 25.5km from Melbourne International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Bayview On THe Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview On The Park Hotel Melbourne
- Bayview On The Park Melbourne