Bayview On The Park
Quest Windsor(Prahran)
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsst kildaopposite albert parktram rideroom ratecar parkingbit datedcity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The room was very run down. Blankets had many holes, tv was a tiny non flat screen and yet they wanted $20 for an inhouse movie. Pool said it was heated but was freezing. Staff at the front desk ignored me and served other customers around me. Walls seemed thin. No money seemed to have been spent for a long time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days in Nov, 2012 with excellent experience for first 5 days and rather poor experience on the last day and this was only because of the change in room.
They have some excellent rooms right opposite Albert Park which provides for a lovely view of golf course, lake with several black swans and generally a good feel.
Then there are certain rooms which are on the other side, tiny ghetto like rooms with view of the parking lot. While taking a room here, just see the room beforehand so that you have a good experience. Price differential between the two kinds was hardly $20 or so.
Their restaurant was always full so I couldnt really try it. There are some decent eateries nearby- excellent Salad bar on St Kilda and some nice cafes nearby- Cafe Promenade etc.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing Albert park
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed here once before (in 2008), in a superior room, and I recall thinking it was pretty good. However, my impression on coming back now 5 years later is that virtually no maintenance has happened in those 5 years. I stayed in a basic room this time, but despite that, I was surprised that the standards seemed so much lower. The paintwork (in the hotel as a whole) is outdated and chipped, and the furnishings in my room were old. Even the external wall showed evidence that a sign had been removed, but the wall not re-painted. First impressions = poor.
Unfortunately my trip coincided with the tennis, so the hotel did seem busy. When I arrived to check in, there was a small group being dealt with by one receptionist, and I was left to wait a long time. The other receptionist took at least 10mins to even acknowledge my presence while he continued to answer the phone. I was also quite taken aback when another guest approached him (while I was still patiently waiting) to ask after a local bottle-shop, and the answer was, 'I don't know', rather than, 'Give me a moment, Sir, and I will find out for you.' When I was eventually acknowledged and served, checking in was relatively painless.
My room was an adequate size, and furnished to a basic standard. The non-intuitive aircon and tv annoyed me, requiring me to call reception to figure out both (a 'light' switch on the bedside console to get the tv to turn on, and having to point the aircon remote at an unmarked grate above the door). The lack of detail on the cleaning bothered me: dirty curtains, dirt inside the bar fridge, a hair in the bathtub, an earring on the bathroom floor, dust on the toilet roll holder, and mould around the bath. The finale was the cockroach I found running across my bathroom floor. The fact that the curtains didn't actually close properly was also annoying.
So, whilst my stay was comfortable, and adequate, it was far from perfect. I would give the hotel a 2-3 star rating, but most definitely not a 4 star. It is extremely unlikely that I will come again, nor recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I arrived here very late and very tired. I got my key and went to bed. However, I was woken by some strange noises so asked to be moved the following morning. This was not a problem and was done within five minutes. I can't thank the concierge, Ronnie Chong, enough. He answered all my questions with a smile, no matter how inane they were.
The hotel is opposite Albert Park and I had a lovely walk around the lake the first morning, which definitely cleared the cobwebs.
I had previously always stayed in the CBD, but decided to stay nearer to St Kilda for this trip and I'm pleased that I did. The tram stop is just around the corner and the trams are really frequent both ways.

Room Tip: Ask for a premier room, they face the park.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A little dated hotel, but worth the money. I got a premier queen room for about 107 bucks a night during Christmas / New Year, so I would consider this place worth the money.

However the reception staff could be a little more pleasant to customers considering this is supposed to be a 3 star hotel

It's close to the city and my room had a great view, but I didn't use much of the facilities so cannot comment on that

Overall, go for it if you're on a budget

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business