“Repeat visitor” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #139 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Broadbeach, Australia
“Repeat visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

On arrival, I was not happy with my room and the lovely young lady on the reception named Lisa changed this room immediately for me.
The second room was excellent and I enjoyed my stay with comfort and appreciation.
Staff like Lisa who accomodate their guests preferences, are to be commended and hopefully truly valued by their organisation and employer.
Good service is so hard to find today.

Room Tip: Do not choose the second floor, smelly rooms and old stale scent in hallway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thankyou for your kind comments and I will pass on a copy to Lisa

We try to instill in all our staff that service isa priority and I am happy to hear that Lisa exceeded this.

We will hopefully be able to assist you on your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and whilst it is getting a little older now - it still represents good value for money - watch the specials. The rooms are quite large and include a couple of comfy armchairs (raised one step) so quite a feeling of spaciousness. I stayed in a non-roadside room this time - so no view - only highrise and car parks but when you check in if you can have a roadside room - your views are quite spectacular over Albert Park lake and if you are high enough over the Bay.
We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was quite good - prices average.
I did arrive back at my room late one nite and not having eaten, tried to order room service but the kitchen was closed for maintenance. Im not sure how often this happens but it was a little annoying that they couldn't even make me a sandwich.
Certainly the property is in need of a refurb - but i dont expect you would get it for the price - it is clean, it is handy and (for the extra cost of $10) you can park - so not much more i need with a city property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road have a lovely view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

We appreicate your comments and understand the importance of reasonable price rooms in a city such as Melbourne.

I apologise for the inconvenience of the kitchen not operating that evening, this is a rare occurance as on this occassion they deep cleaned all the kitchen area.

I will pass on your comments to each of the departments and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in melbourne

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We found a really good deal and decided to stay here instead of in the CBD. parking was just ten dollars per night, which was great, however, rooms were a little old, and corridors smelled like grandmas old cupboard. We booked for two adults and a child, and although there were enough beds, there was never enough towels, which was annoying. Location was ok, but on a busy road which was noisy at times. Rooms were simple, but clean and roomy enough for three. Shower was very inconsistent and way too small. Ok if you are not spending much time at the motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We appreciate all comments as this assists us with giving the guest what he requires.

I will pass on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper in reference to the number of towels being supplied to guests with families.
I will also advise our General Manager with regard to your overall impression of the hotel.

I do hope we will see you return in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Everything is fine, the only thing is the nearest chinese cuisine restaurant is 1.5 KM away. And the receptionist that served me when I was checking-in charged the room charges to my Credit Card. Infact, all charges has been covered by my Company. Then, when I asked another night-shift receptionist on other day, without checking in their system, she said the charges will auto refund back to my Credit Card account after I checked out. Endup I asked another morning-shift receptionist. He checked that they have actually double charged the room charges (To the company and to my Credit Card), and he did the refund process back to my credit card.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chueny
Thank you for your response in tripadvisor.

I will follow up to ensure all receptionist are following the correct proceedure please accept our aplogises for the error on your credit card. I am pleased however that it was corrected promptly.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall, can't really fault the hotel, but it wasn't anything special. While the lobby looked nice, the rooms were completely outdated. Old furnishings, decorations, etc. The "hair dryer" was one of those old things that attach to the wall with just a hose coming out. Needless to say it took forever to dry my hair. The gym also needs some updating. Very old equipment.
On the plus side, it is in a great location and is fairly quiet. Super easy to catch trams into the city. We were there on AFL GF weekend, and our room was directly across from the lifts and right above the front door, but we didn't hear anything!
Be aware the beds are really hard and the pillows really flat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do hope your AFL team won.

I will pass a copy onto our General Manager and Executive Housekeeper in relation to the room i.e. pillows, bed etc

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Melbourne.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Pretty disappointed with the service, I booked a shuttle and was running late to get back to the hotel to catch it. I called the hotel twice to let them know and they said it was fine. Got to the hotel a couple minutes before it was meant to leave and they told me it had already left. The staff member told me they tried to call me but called my international number instead of my aus numbet despite giving them my aus number which they had called earlier on in the day. Place was tired but it was cheap and close to public transport.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Bhavna03
Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately we can not hold up the shuttle service as it is not one that is operated by the hotel but I will speak to both the front office staff and porters in reference to your comments.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I thought we had a great deal. On arrival I was poorly greeted by one staff member who seemed to be working with no emotions. He spoke so quickly with his head down while working at the computer. When I asked him to repeat what was said, he seemed to be annoyed that I had not heard him the first time. My deal included - free parking, buffet breakfast, overlooking the pool or golf course and 12pm check out. On handing over my credit card, he explained that parking would be an extra $10. I thought, "ok, a simple mistake" and went on to explain that parking was included in the deal. He handed me my room card and I was on my way. As my husband and I entered the room on the 5th floor, we were impressed until we looked out the window and realised we were overlooking the car park. I was disappointed & rang reception to explain that there had been another mistake. I was then asked to come back down to reception by another staff member who was willing to fix it up. Once again I had to queue up and unfortunately, I was faced to deal with the same motionless male staff member again. He abruptly explained that it was a matter of request and that it wasn't a guaranteed thing. By this stage I was frustrated and pulled out my printed deal to show him exactly what I had paid for and was entitled to. I was also a bit embarrassed by this point and felt like I had to heckle to get what I had paid for. The deal did not say "over looking the pool, golf course or carpark" it stated " overlooking pool or golf course". I did not receive an apology. He then placed us on the 2nd floor two doors down from the lift. Upon entry of this room we were again disappointed. The stuffiness hit you suddenly, the paint on the wall was peeling, the furnishings needed maintenance. I was willing to forget all this just for the view outside. When I opened the curtains I realised our view was partially obstructed by the canopy of the Hotel entrance and limited view to the golf course. The whole experience was very unsatisfying. I would never recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Janey624
Thank you for your comments.

We do appreciate both the positive and negative comments as this assists us in understanding and helping our guests during their stay.

I apologise as you state the staff member was emotionless and i will discuss this further with all staff.

The majority of our rooms do have the aspect of looking over the pool area (at the rear of the hotel) which is between the hotel and the carpark or overlooking the Golf Course across the road from the hotel. I am sorry you feel you didnt initally get the room you booked.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to assist you next time you are in Melbourne and If I can be of any service please do not hesitate to contact me.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels