“Overall pretty poor”

Bayview On The Park
Ranked #133 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed four nights for a conference. The rooms, while OK there was usually something dirty left in there. This might be a dirty sheet, used towel folded and put back on the rack, a blanket that had never been washed. Was not sure what I was going to get each day. Stayed on the fifth floor and had a lot of noise from adjacent rooms. Left the air conditioner on to drown out the TV from next door. The breakfast buffet was a huge let down. Every day they would put out stale bread for the toaster and you had to make sure you did not pick up a dirty glass at the drinks stand. I was left wondering how often they recycled food through the buffet!

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments as we appreicate both negative and positve feedback as this assists us with knowing our guests needs.

I have passed on your comments to both our Executive Housekeeper, Chef and Restaurant Manager for follow up.

Should you wish to return to Bayview on the Park in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you personally with your booking.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Recently stayed for 5 nights as we were attending conference near by. The front desk receptionist Angela was extremely rude. Even though I had payed for the stay beforehand and had a recepit to prove she was adamant that we hadnt paid and she couldnt do help anymore. The concerige did not help us at all with our bags but was questioning us why we have so many bags. Had to explain to him that we are moving to sydney and therefore lots of bags. The room was average. The shower was hopeless as we couldnt get the temperature control correct..it was either too hot or too cold..and finally on the last day the shower broke and wouldnt work.. they tried to fix it but unsuccessful. We had to move our room at 11 at nite with all our luggage. First time the concerige helped us. When asked for directions to place the front desk staff had no idea. Sent us to the wrong direction. I have never had such a horrible experience. I am well travelled and the hotel staff are always so helpful with a smile. To the staff at Bay view it wont kill you if you smiled. Dont forget the basics of customer service and improve your game....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank dee m
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your experiences during your stay with us recently.

Your comments and email alerts us to our shortcomings and inspires us to improve on the experience that we can offer our guests. We take great pride in providing quality products together with satisfying service to our guests and it disturbs me to know that your recent stay with us was marred by this unpleasant experiences.

Please be assured that I will personally address the expressed points of concern with the staff member and we aplogise sincerely, this is certainly not typical of the standard set and we will follow up with training to assist the staff in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact me on 03 9243 9999.

Kind Regards,

Bayview on the Park

Reviewed June 24, 2012

A great location just out of the city, 3 minute walk to trams, some rooms have great views over Albert Park and the Bay in the distance. Ok it is not the most modern hotel in Melbourne, but it has a very reasonable tariff, free parking, and friendly staff. I have always found the rooms clean, and I have stayed a number of times. The Sails restaurant serves a good selection of food at reasonable rates, and room service available. Very handy for sporting events at MCG, AAMI Park etc.

Room Tip: Go for a Premier room with breakfast deal, bigger rooms and some with great views.
1  Thank JJ689
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After finding a good deal on lastminute.com for this hotel because of its location to a conference & ball i was attending, that was where the joy ended. When checking in the receptionist had her 'spiel' and just went through the motions of a check in. I was offered by the concierge to help me to my room but with only an overnight bag this wasnt required.
I had a room at the end of the hall on level 2 and found they were so small and very dated.
* It took a number of attempts to get the small rear tube TV to work
* there was a controller for the heater/air con but it didnt work so the room was freezing and after referring to the in room guide they have 3 different types of systems in the hotel but my room had an under ceiling wall vent that blew out nothing.
* THE SHOWER i had to hold the outlet manually to have a shower and had a cascade of water flowing out of the outlet and water temp control was virtually non existant
* In my room you could virtually hear ppl breathing in the adjoining rooms
* There was no access to a power point in the bathroom and as a result i tried to use their in house hairdryer -> USELESS!
* On checking out when i reported the broken shower head and heating, i was brushed off and asked why i didnt report it the night before ( time was of the essence to get dressed and not wait for on site handy man) and when i explained i was reporting it now the reply was 'well i cant help you now then can i!'
Considering the central location of this hotel and the amount of competition in the area, i cant fathom why it hasnt been appropriately maintained and updated, what must the international crowd think when they come for the Grand Prix across the road???

Lift your game Bayview!!

1  Thank MartiB888
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your written response.

We appreicate both negative and postive comments, as this assists us in understanding the needs of our guests.

I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments and ensure that we have acted on those areas of maintenance that you advised the staff and mentioned here.

We do hope that in the future you may wish to return to Bayview on the Park.

I would suggest reserving a Premier Room rather than the smaller basic standard room, that you reseved on this occassion, as you may find these more in line with your requirements.

Should you decide to try us again in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly to make a booking and I will happily assist you.

Regards

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Spent 3 night there last week and I can say the hotel is clean, the concierge and the front desk are very helpful. Furniture and bathroom is a little bit outdated but they have a good size and clean room. My only complaint is the hair dryer, it takes me ages to dry my hair. No hassles with check-in and check-out. Value for money.

Thankyou for your comments

. I will pass on the comment to our Maintenance depart in reference to the hair dryer to ensure it is seen to immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview on the Park on your next visit to Melbourne

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival to our outdated filthy and very disappointing room we noticed that the towel in bathroom had very thick makeup on it - it was obviously not washed just put back on towel rail after last guest left. After telling reception the state of our room we were told we would be upgraded. We couldn't imagine but this room was actually worse than our first room; chunks of laminate gone from the bench - severely scratched wooden furniture - it looked like the entire room was furnished with hard rubbish. Black mould growing in sink and bath. And big black stain on the white doona cover. The whole floor had an overpowering smell of damp. Carpets filthy. Too many to list.
Straight back down to reception to let them know all this. They showed us every other room in hotel. All to this dreadful standard. We did not stay, we got our money and went home. The woman that was helping us was lovely. It was clear that the staff can see the incredibly poor state of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank kcern

Thank you for commenting on your experiences during your stay with us recently.

Your comments alerts us to our shortcomings and inspires us to improve on the experience that we can offer our guests. We take great pride in providing quality products together with satisfying service to our guests and it disturbs me to know that your recent stay with us was was not of this standard.

I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments for follow up.

I have also advised the staff that assisted you of the positive comments .

Should you decided to stay at Bayview on the Park in the future please do not hesitate to contact either myself or the Reservations Manager directly and we will happily assist you.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Spent four nights at the Bayview,we had a very quiet room, it overlooked the car park but it was what we wanted, We do feel however that the TV should be by now be changed to digital regardless of the room rate paid,also a word of warning to elderly guests, the shower is in the bath with only the taps to hang on to getting in and out of the bath,as we age we do feel more at risk of slipping.
Overall we had an excellent stay and definately would recommend to other guests,service was excellent,our room was exceedingly clean.
Hope to stay at the Bayview on our next visit.

Room Tip: The more executive rooms in the front, on the main road, could be more noisy than the cheaper overlo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for your comments.

I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping department and also have noted the comment regard hand rails in all rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards