Mercure Welcome Melbourne
      • Pool
      QT Melbourne(Melbourne)
      Great 4.5/5
      4,403 results
      All reviewsgreat locationthe cocoondavid jonesbourke streetrooms are smallcentral locationthe heart of the citybuffet breakfastvalet parkingwould stay againpublic transportfederation squaretram stopmyeremporiumconciergeeateries
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed August 31, 2010

We instantly felt welcomed from the moment we checked in. All staff in the hotel were warm and friendly, making sure our needs were met. Our room was quiet and very comfortable giving a good night's sleep. We found the location close to many good shops and cafes and also within easy walking distance to attractions.We particularly enjoyed dining in the hotel's Louden Kitchen & Grill for dinner and buffet breakfast and also Cocoon Bar for cocktails and pizza. On our next visit to Melbourne we wouldn't hesitate to book again with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Reviewed August 29, 2010

I found the location to be excellent, close to sporting facilities and public transport. The staff were friendly and went out of there way to make my stay pleasant. The food from the restaurant was fantastic and there is also a great bar joined to the hotel called Cocoon that had a singer who was excellent. Rooms are basic, but that's all you need.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
      Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for a work function. The location is close to all of the action in Melbourne within easy walking distance. The staff were friendly and helpful during my stay. Liked the new bar area which I understand has been recently renovated.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
      Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night on August 18, 2010. After check in, I called the front desk to alert them that there was blood or some other bodily fluid on my duvet (see picture) and also that there was hair throughout the room -- hair on the bed, pillows, throughout the bathroom, on towels, etc (see picture). The clerk told me she would "tell a manager". I received no phone call or any alternative accommodation. Then, the following morning when I checked out, I told the front desk clerk, again, and he said he would "tell a manager". He did not call the manager over or do anything to adjust my bill for the stay despite the photographic proof that I was not making such a thing up.

This hotel needs to improve not only its customer service, but cleanliness. There is no excuse for blood or bodily fluids on a bed or for hair to be apparent throughout the room! If I wanted other people’s DNA, I would work in a laboratory.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
      Reviewed August 14, 2010

My husband and I recently went to Melbourne for a little R&R. We stayed at the Mercure Welcome hotel. Ricky and June at the reception desk were fantastic to deal with. Chris at the concierge desk could not have been more helpful. We had a great stay in the city which in a large part had to do with the wonderful staff at our hotel who gave us great advice.

In the heart of the city and close to everything. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple