Mercure Welcome Melbourne
$204
$175
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
4,422 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe cocoondavid jonesbourke streetrooms are smallcentral locationthe heart of the citybuffet breakfastvalet parkingwould stay againpublic transportfederation squaretram stopmyeremporiumconciergeeateries
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Have stayed at this hotel several times now and keep going back. Its value for money and excellent location. There are much bigger and better hotels in Melbourne but also at a much higer price. . Right in middle of city. Excellent for shopping, going to football, theatre etc. Close to all transport. Rooms are not the largest but there are bigger rooms if you ask. Stayed with teenage daughter so 3 in room. Adequate for couple of nights. Coffee maker, microwave small table & comfortable chairs. Its not 5 star but you are not paying 5star prices. If in melb for a quick trip, weekend, you could not find better. If for a luxury weekend, then other hotels better. Close to china town, convenience store across road. Staff are pleasant and breakfast buffet usually included in price. GREAT VALUE

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed in a twin room with my mother at this hotel. The room was small and the carpet was disgusting. The view from the window was horrible - a real concrete jungle. The air conditioning was very loud all night.
Immediately upon arriving we were meet by a staff member who was incredibly rude. She ignored us, spoke over us and appeared to barely understand and speak English. We dealt with her on a number of other occasions during our two night stay and she was as dismissive and rude every time. After requesting to speak with someone else, we got the manager who was equally as dismissive.
The buffet breakfast was average and extremely overpriced. The view from the restaurant was also horrible and almost enough to put us off our meals.
The good things about this hotel would be the extremely helpful concierge desk and the fact that the hotel will store your luggage for you after checkout. Also, good location.
Overall, our stay was terrible and we would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed at the Mercure Welcome for the first time recently and was very impressed. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I stayed there because of my disability which means I need a walk in shower. The location was excellent as it was in the city and close to the MCG for the footy. The only problem I encountered was that there was no where to hand or put things in the bathroom. (I had the same problem with my room atThe Citigate Sebel in Sydney) When I pointed that out to the duty manager Jane, she was quick to assure me that the matter would be attended to ASAP. I would certainly recommend this hotel to people, especially those with special needs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank PhilVTasmania
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed at the Mercure Welcome in Melbourne, booked two rooms, one for my son and one for my husband and myself. Fantastic value for money, centrally located whether you are on business, shopping, shows, sports. Hotel staff very, very helpful,have stayed at many hotels in Melbourne, but have found this to be the most convenient, will come back to the Mecure when next in Melbourne.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and was very disappointed with the state of the room-i could smell crap coming out of the toilet of the room next to me, carpets were all stained and filthy, the smell in the corridors was unbearable, the room looks shabby in general and needs major major refurbishing! when i complained the only option i was given was an identical room on the same floor which did not help at all........only good thing is location but even if they paid me i would never stay there again....very disappointing mercure, unlike the hotel in auckland which was decent.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business