“Central location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #105 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Southern CA
“Central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very good location for exploring CBD and beyond. Helpful front desk. Good value from what we compared. Nice to have the mini refrigerator and coffee/tea water jug plus the daily "gum nut" biscuits provided. Had dinner in the bar/restaurant one night- lots of good options

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travtips4us
Erdi G, Manager at Mercure Welcome Melbourne, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Travtip4us,

Thank you for your positive review.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.
We do hope to see you again on your next visit.

Alex Mihardja, Operational Project Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently, and although in a great central location, the hotel itself is tired and is in need of a long overdue renovation, staff were polite and attentive, but hotel itself very average

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sblucher,

Thank you for your review.

We are currently in the process of refurbishing the hotel and it is being done in stages.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient location & found our team member to be polite & attentive.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we can look forward to welcome you back on your next trip.

Alex Mihardja, Operational Project Manager

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Normally I always stay at Crowne plaza but this time I had to chose this hotel other major hotels were fully sold out. I made a mistake. I will never go back to this hotel again. Location is very good but that is the only thing. Everything else is below average. I asked for a king size bedroom but they gave gave me a room with there beds. No space to walk in the room. I told them also that I am alone and here for work so I don't need three beds in the room. They won't listen. Just kept insisting that the room is very good and higher category and they are giving me at a cheaper price, although I don't even need. However, the other thing, wifi is not free which is another minus point. When you go to your room, the walking passage is so small that two persons can not even pass each other. It looks like a one star guest house. Does not look like a Mercure standard hotel. Made a mistake by going there

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David N
Erdi G, Manager at Mercure Welcome Melbourne, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your constructive review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we were not able to accommodate your requirements.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to relevant Department Heads for their perusal.

David, just to be fair, the Crowne Plaza is a 4.5 star hotel, and totally on a different level to Mercure Welcome Melbourne, being a 3.5 star property.

I know you have indicated that you will not stay again and for this I am sorry. If you wish to give us another opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact myself on H3028-GM02@accor.com if I can be of any further assistance.