We chose this hotel because of its location and it turned out that out choice was right. The hotel is located in the heart of the city. Just a stroll away from everything: Flinders station, Cathedral, Federation square, Southbank Yarra River, restaurants etc. China town is just few steps away. There are many shopping malls around such as: QV (which has Woolworth dept stores and supermarket), GPO, Melbourne Central etc. Family with children should not miss Melbourne Museum and the Science Work (a little bit outside downtown, several stations away by train from Flinders). If you like garden, Melbourne has so much to offer. Fitzroy garden with its Cook's cottage and Royal Botanic Garden. Both can be easily reached by free shuttle bus that runs through several tourist attractions. There is also free City circle tram for tourist. We spent one afternoon at Lygon street which is filled mostly with nice Italian Restaurant. If you like Gelato, you can try one yummy Gelato shop served by a nice old lady. It is located beside 7 Eleven shop. Well, back to the hotel review, the room size was big enough for us with our 2 kids of 11 and 9. The bed was comfy enough and the reception was great. They even let us checked in few hours earlier. Overall, we satisfied with our stay there and definitely will come back to this hotel whenever we come to Melbourne next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure is a 4.5-star hotel positioned in an unrivalled location in the very heart of Melbourne's CBD and city, surrounded by the city's most popular business and shopping precincts, theatres, galleries, bars and restaurants. With shopping meccas like Bourke Street Mall, Emporium Melbourne and H&M right on your doorstep, other attractions like Federation Square, Southbank, Her Majesty's and Regent Theatres, Queen Victoria Markets and Melbourne Central Shopping Complex are just a short stroll away. In addition, with a tram stop conveniently located at the front entrance - a quick tram ride will take you to all major sporting venues including the MCG and Etihad Stadium plus the city's cosmopolitan shopping and entertainment hotspots such as St Kilda, Chapel Street, Bridge Road and Brunswick Street. The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure is Melbourne's most centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor