We got the Executive Suite Room 411 for 1/2 price - $130 a night - for two nights (Fri/Sat). Epic deal! I must say, this location is fantastic. Right in the hustle and bustle of Swanston St - we loved it. The suite was nice - the main room is a medium sized lounge room with an office desk and nice chair plus a small circular dining table, two dining chairs, small but comfortable couch and under the TV was a tiny microwave, kettle and toaster. The TV was about 34" or so, could be a little bigger for the size of the room. Also had a DVD player. The bedroom was nice with a king bed - a firm bed with no pillow top - but good quality none the less. No fitted sheet or electric blanket was a let down. Also, the size of the TV in here was only about 22" - tiny by today's size. The bathroom was nice - but a rather small bath. Decent products and excellent water pressure. Overall, great for the price we paid - but I wouldn't want to pay full price for this room! The view was poor to average. Only on the 4th floor though. The only bad experience we had was breakfast on Sunday morning in the cafe. My partners poached eggs were not cooked and our bacon was overcooked and not cooked to order. They replaced our meals, but failed to offer a free coffee/tea. When it came again, it was underwhelming and overpriced. Dry bacon and average eggs. Avoid their food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure is a 4.5-star hotel positioned in an unrivalled location in the very heart of Melbourne's CBD and city, surrounded by the city's most popular business and shopping precincts, theatres, galleries, bars and restaurants. With shopping meccas like Bourke Street Mall, Emporium Melbourne and H&M right on your doorstep, other attractions like Federation Square, Southbank, Her Majesty's and Regent Theatres, Queen Victoria Markets and Melbourne Central Shopping Complex are just a short stroll away. In addition, with a tram stop conveniently located at the front entrance - a quick tram ride will take you to all major sporting venues including the MCG and Etihad Stadium plus the city's cosmopolitan shopping and entertainment hotspots such as St Kilda, Chapel Street, Bridge Road and Brunswick Street. The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure is Melbourne's most centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor