WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #41 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Dublin
“A great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, I could not fault it. Great location, friendly staff, very clean and modern, and very reasonably priced for such a central hotel. The bar does good early bird drink deals, the restaraunt looked nice but we did not eat there as we wanted to explore the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Aries100,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate your comments relating to our friendly service, this is very rewarding to hear as this is something our team is very proud of.

I will certainly share your feedback with our housekeepers, in regards to the cleanliness of our rooms. They work hard to keep the standard of cleanliness very high, so they will certainly enjoy hearing their work has been appreciated.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Beechmont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have no idea what the room rate was for our 2-night stay as it was part of a Mystery Flight package, but we will definitely be checking it out next time we go to Melbourne. Walking distance to China Town and the Queen Vic Markets, trams just around the corner, fabulous little bar downstairs with extremely good looking staff (we missed out on getting to the restaurant - next time for sure), and the hotel staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. Oh, and the bed was really comfy - a very important consideration!

Dear Artisansgraphics,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

I am pleased you found the team helpful and excellent and that you found our rooms comfortable, which are probably the two most important factors in a good hotel stay.

I appreciate your comments in regards to our great location, it certainly is walking distance to the lovely China Town and close by to public transport access.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

we only stayed there 1 night and enjoyed it, friendly staff great quiet clean rooms just what you need for the heart of melbourne,

wifi is hard to get where we live so was also nice to get that, being so close to china town there was always something good to eat at any hour of the day

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Scubasteve15,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley. It's great to read you enjoyed the use of the free Wi-Fi and the location of the hotel in china town. I certainly agree there is definitely plenty of good food to eat at any time of the day when you are in the heart of china town.

I would like to take this opportunity again to thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Hobart Tasmania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked on line and got a 15% discount and upgrade. All still felt a little bit pricey but it is in the heart of Melbourne. Staff at the Crossley are really fabulous, friendly and obliging. We asked for a room change as we do not cope well with a shower over the bath and this was done cheerfully and quickly. The rooms are good, well appointed and spacious. Our only problem was the air con and the lack of fresh air. It is our own fault that we didn't check this out before booking as we simply hate being enclosed in fake air. Most inner city hotels seem to have this problem so we must be more alert in future. If you don't mind air con then we can recommend the Crossley. Breakfast in the hotel is not great.

Room Tip: Rooms ending with 01 seem to be the biggest. One BR and 2BR apts on penthouse level have balconies.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kateshir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm delighted to read you found our staff friendly and obliging. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team. Unfortunately all our standard and superior rooms do not have windows that can be opened and only have air-conditioning, perhaps next time you would like to try one of our apartments with a balcony.

Thanks again for your feedback and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Being unable to get into the Vic, where we normally stay, my husband booked us into the Crossley. How lucky were we? Central, clean, tidy and the most amazingly helpful staff that you could dream of. They bent over backwards to assist us - from recommending where to go shopping for baby clothes (DFO near the Convention Centre), providing stamps for a postcard - and loaning us a charger for the Apple iPhone. We will most definitely return!

Room Tip: Great beds - and our room was soooo quiet! No up and down steps etc like the Vic has - so easy to m...
Dear Hartley5002,

Thank you for your 5/5 Review.

It's very rewarding to read how impressed you were with the Crossley. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff amazing and helpful. We certainly praise ourselves on our fantastic customer service and your review certainly reflect this. I will be sure to let the team know how happy you were with their service, as they will be very delighted to hear this.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just got back from our trip to Melbourne with my partner and boy did we have a great experience! The Crossley is good if you're going to be out and about all day and night and just want somewhere to sleep in at night.

The location was great, in walking distance to everything around the CBD. We were able to walk to the Crown Casino, South Wharf DFO shopping centre and even the Eureka tower in one day and then walk back to the hotel without feeling like we walked a mile! In great distance to the famous Lygon St too, which had the greatest restaurants!

Really enjoyed my stay not to mention the bed was very comfortable. I read a few reviews saying the noise was very loud, especially on the weekends, I found this wasn't the case, thankfully.

Will definitely come back for my next stay, the free in-house movies are a nice touch too, always had something to watch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ashjim
Dear ashjim,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley. You're certainly right the hotel is in a great location and walking distance to just about everything. I'm delighted you enjoyed the free in-house movies, and found the beds to be very comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our request for feedback and I look forward to welcoming you to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Rainbow, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and each time I have found it to be really comfortable and clean. The room has everything you need and the bed is really comfortable. I love the fact that the room has a bath that you can relax in after a long day. It's generally quiet in the room at night, obviously it can get a little noisy being in the city but I've found it to be okay. The dining room at breakfast has all you need. It can get quite busy at times though. Overall, I have found the staff really helpful and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AliEy
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear AliEy,

Thank you for your 5/5 Review.

I'm pleased to read that once again you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley. I'm delighted to read you found the rooms comfortable and clean, I will be sure to pass your comments on to the maintenance and housekeeping departments, as they work hard to keep the rooms maintained at such a high standard. It's certainly rewarding to read such positive feedback.

Once again I would like to thank you for responding to our request for feedback and I look forward in welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.