“Nothing I could add!!!!!! Perfect”
Review of The Crossley Hotel

The Crossley Hotel
Ranked #39 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed there for my wedding, Room very clean and tidy as well as bathroom and on cleanliness I give 100% better than some 5 star hotel. I want to point-out one staff member who look after us named KENNY, his service was really great, a can do attitude and always smiling.
Want to congratulate Paul, catering service, food was really good as well as presentation. Overall Relax atmosphere, definitely will come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, go in all of them, of course if possible
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Christopher S,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also delighted that you found our hotel to be of higher standard than of some 5 Star Hotels. I will pass on your kind words and feedback to Paul and his team, I'm sure he will be pleased to hear this. I will also pass your comments on to Kenny, I'm glad he was able to offer you exceptional service, with a can do attitude.

Once again Christopher thanks for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent a week in this hotel and we loved the location - it is just on the edge of Chinatown and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.
The Staff were friendly and helpful and handled our booking efficiently.
The lobby is small, but the room was large and well appointed. It was very clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Dear Felicity S,

Thank you for your recent review.

It's great to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location central and easy to walk every where from. I'm also delighted to read how friendly and helpful you found our staff, I will be sure to pass this on to all of the team.

Thanks again for posting a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Large room, clean and well serviced. Good large flat screen tv, with free to air and 4 movie channels. Comfortables bed!!
Also,free wifi a bonus, with reasonable speed. Was close to my work, and not too far too shopping. Also, quiet end of little Bourke street

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Senorhondo,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. It's also great to read that you enjoyed the use of the free wi-fi and found it to be of reasonable speed.

Thanks again for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

As part of a mystery flight deal I had the standard room. Basic as the name would suggest, but appealing and very comfortable with everything I needed, and besides, who wants to hang out in their room when the location is so good? Walking distance to Chinatown and the Greek Precinct, more restaurants and bars than you could try in a month and a minute away from the free City Circle tram line you can use to check out museums, shopping, the Casino etc etc. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms are amazingly quiet day and night. Can definitely recommend it and will be coming back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear J G,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, nearby to China Town and the Greek Precinct. There certainly is a huge variety of restaurants and bars to choose from nearby. It's also great to read that you found our staff helpful and friendly, I will be sure to pass this on to all of the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My daughters and I spent a week at Crossley Hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was of a decent size and bathroom was very clean. The free wifi was a big plus. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Jenwong 2003,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you and your daughters enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I'm pleased you appreciated the use of the free wi-fi.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed only one night at the Crossley on a recent weekend in Melbourne. The location was very handy being near Chinatown and the shops there. Staff were helpful at all times of night. We did not try the restaurant, but instead ate out at the establishments nearby, of which there are a good variety.

The biggest let-down for us was the tired decor, especially in the bathroom. While everything worked, we couldn't help the feeling that we'd stepped 20 years into the past. Another issue was the wireless internet system. While one of our devices was able to connect fine, the other two had issues and were basically unusable.

We had a corner room on the top floor.

If you get a good deal on one of the travel sites, and like a hotel that's not directly in the centre of everything where you can get a decent night's sleep, then the Crossley may suit you.

Dear travelling_smurf,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's location in the heat of china town. It's also great to read that you found our staff helpful at all times.

I'm sorry to read that you found the hotel decor out dated, we appreciate your comments and feedback and will take this on board when planning our continual improvements and refurbishment program. I would also like to apologise for the issues that arose with the Wi-Fi connection in your room, I do hope you contacted reception and they were able to help you rectify the situation.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

While the hotel is fairly basic, it is in a great location next to Chinatown and only 20 mins walk from the CBD. We did not take breakfast or dine at the restaurant connected to the hotel, but chose to have breakfast in the city. There are lots of dining and drinking options nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevd112
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Kevd112,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for highlighting the central location of the hotel, you are right it is near by to lots of restaurants and other eateries.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.