“Pretty good. No complaints”
Review of The Crossley Hotel

The Crossley Hotel
Ranked #37 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Staff were really helpful. No complaints at all about them. They got me into my room despite the fact that I arrived at 7am, which was a big help. Staff were always helpful and friendly whenever I spoke to them.
Location is pretty good. Its not right in the middle of things, but close enough to make it convenient. Chinatown is just outside the front door, and you can walk to places like Swanson St and Federation Sq in about 10 minutes.
Rooms were comfortable enough. What you'd expect from a 4-star hotel. No complaints on that front.
I'd recommend this place. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jjss7
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear jjss7,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel very comfortable. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and helpful and that they were able to assist you with an early check in.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

There are newer reviews for The Crossley Hotel

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a present surprise; the Crossley Hotel was one of the cheaper hotels available in this location in Melbourne so I wasn’t expecting much but the room was a good size, well laid out and clean.

The staff are helpful and cheerful.

Overall I would say I was very happy and would stay there next time I come to Melbourne

Room Tip: The Malaysian Restaurant across from the hotel is excellent
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Garyinperth

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you found the staff cheerful and helpful, I was also pleased to read that you found the accommodation well laid out and clean.

Once again Gary, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast very nice Heard dinner excellent, but restaurant closed on Sunday and Monday nights. Had room upgrade, very spacious one bedroom apartment for three people We were on the top floor(6), lovely balcony each end of apartment. Great bathroom with spa bath ,off bedroom downstairs. Upstairs,roomy ensuite off lounge,(sofa bed) dining room and well stocked kitchen.Recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret J
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to read that the staff were friendly and helpful through out your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and our stay was really peaceful and stress free because of helpful and professional staff. David at the reception was the one who helped us for everything. Our room was cleaned and well organized but small to American standards. The hotel offers free Wifi and it was really efficient and easy to connect to. There is no ramp for disabled people into the lobby. The hotel is in the heart of China town and within walking distance to downtown. To get to Rod Laver arena it took us around 20 minutes by walk. We would consider to stay at this hotel again if we go back for Australian Open.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lily n
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Lily N,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel peaceful and that the staff were professional and helpful, especially David, I will be sure to pass your comments on to him and the rest of the team. Thank you for highlighting the use of the Free Wi-Fi, I'm glad you found it user friendly.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wanted to stay in various areas of Melbourne. The Crossley was very nicely situated for the Central Business District...really walking distance to everything that that area has to offer. The staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. I enjoyed some of the books in the library...some titles from long long ago. Would stay here again for the location and the value. Would come back and will recommend to people looking for in the city location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Pamela B,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to make use of our library and I'm glad you liked the selection of books we have available to read. It's also great to read that our staff were polite and helpful and able to assist you with any inquiries that you may have had. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good hotel, by far the best out of 4 on my recent trip to Australia. The location is very good, very close to Chinatown, and everything else. Also very close to absolutely great Red Pepper Indian restaurant, around the corner, close to the Parliament. The room was big, nicely furnished, large and comfortable bed, big modern TV, comfortable armchair – so everything to make the stay pleasant. True, the bathroom was a bit outdated – but not really bad, and big enough. The view from the room was very, very nice. The service good and staff helpful. Free Wi-Fi in the room. All in all, I really enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dimitrije56

Dear Dimitrije56,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you appreciated the hotel's central location and the use of the free Wi-Fi. I'm also pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass your positive comments on to all of the team.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 2 nights earlier this week. Main reasons for booking were the good reviews we had read about it on Booking.com and the relatively low price compared to similar hotels in the CBD.

This hotel did not disappoint us, and was definitely great value for money: staff was very friendly and attentive, and we were always greeted with a smile. They also helped us book an aiport shuttle bus. I liked that it was located in Chinatown, very close to bars, restaurants and shopping streets. Free wi-fi was a huge plus!

Our room was on the 5th floor, overlooking Little Bourke St. It wasnt very big but it was clean and modern, and had a huge flatscreen TV. No fitness centre in the hotel but apparently guests get a discount at some partnership gym. We did not try the breakfast because it wasnt included in the room rate, nor did we eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Ponsoyfi,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm pleased to read that you found our hotel value for money.

I appreciate you highlighting the central location of the hotel and I'm glad you enjoyed the use of the hotel's free WI-FI. It's great to read that you found our staff friendly and attentive, I'm glad that were able to organise and assist you in booking your airport shuttle. We certainly pride ourselves on our great customer service levels, so it's rewarding to read your comments. I will be sure to pass this on to all the team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.