The Crossley Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)
1,999 results
All reviewsgreat locationheart of china townher majesty's theatrecontinental breakfastsuperior roombourke streetvalet parkingparliament stationsmall hotelfree wifitop endwithin walking distancestay there againshort walkstreet noisecentral locationpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights in July. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Check-in was very efficient and they had good suggestions for late dining close to the hotel. The location is extremely convenient. You are close to the Free City Circle Line, Parliament Train Station and multiple tram stops. Just a few blocks away is Fitzroy Gardens -- a great place for a morning walk or run. The hotel offers a discounted pass to a full service fitness facility a few blocks away. We did not eat breakfast here as there were so many great coffee shops in walking distance. The room was very clean. It included a refrigerator and coffee maker. A full desk area, two night stands, double armoire and counter for luggage. There was a fair amount of space to move around and spread out. The heater worked well for us. The flatscreen TV was larger than the one we have at home. WiFi worked great for us even to download and send some larger files. The bed was on the firm side, but was comfortable to sleep in for multiple nights. The pillows were well done -- 2 soft and 2 firm. All in all the most economical hotel option in the CBD with excellent service and location. The photos on this page are accurate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HighlandMommy
Melissa L, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendly, helpful and efficient service offered by the staff. I was pleased that you found the room clean and comfortable and appreciated the spaciousness, facilities and services offered. I will certainly pass on your thanks to the Housekeeping team.

Thank you also for highlighting the Hotel's central location to many of Melbourne's great attractions and transport options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crossley Hotel on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Me and my family have stayed at the Crossley close to a dozen times over the last 7 or eight years. This time it was just the wife and I. In the past we have found great deals thru the hotel website but this time we got a deal thru Groupons. One night for two with parking, Bottle of wine and brekky for two. not sure of the price as it was a surprise from the wife. The hotel is in an awesome location right in the heart of China town and close to many restaurants. I love melbournes CBD with all it's little hidden lane ways. You can also catch the City Circle Tram for free a couple of blocks away on Spring Street. A must see close to the hotel is the old Melbourne Goal off Russel Street. Check in was quick and easy with David. The room we had was 615. No noise to report. The lower floors in the past on the alley close to Gingerboy has proven to be a bit noisey with rubbish removel in the early morning hours off Crossley lane. Do yourself a favour and book this hotel if visiting Melbourne. The only thing that prevented me from doing a five point rating is the staff cleaning the rooms need to look up at the ceilings. The vents spit out abit of dust and lint that cling to the ceiling. Thats Not going to stop me from coming back to the Crossley as we love this hotel. can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: If a fmily of four ask for fifth floor room looking down to Little Bourke street. I have stayed in room 101 a few times and very noiesy early in the morning
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa L, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you have been staying with Crossley Hotel for the past 7-8 years and appreciate the Hotel's fantastic location. I also agree that Melbourne is a fantastic city with so many hidden gems to be found in the lane ways.

I was also pleased to read that you experienced a quick, easy and friendly check in during your recent stay, I will pass on your thanks to David.

Crossley Hotel prides itself on the high cleanliness and maintenance standards set throughout the building and do appreciate you bringing to our attention the lint on the ceiling, which has since been rectified.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit to the City.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We loved this place. It is tucked in a perfectly located side street so the hotel is quiet. It is in the heart of downtown and close to Victoria Market, the theater district and scads of great restaurants. Our room was spacious and clean. The best part, however, was the staff. Everyone was so helpful, courteous and just plain great....and they don't take tips! We were in Austrailia for 5 weeks and this was my favorite hotel.....oh, did I say the price was very reasonable??? How good is that?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a 5/5 review of your recent stay. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the Hotel's fantastic location. We are certainly close to many of Melbourne's great attractions and restaurants.

I was also extremely delighted you found all the staff friendly and helpful throughout your stay and chose Crossley Hotel as your favourite Hotel during your 5 week trip of Australia.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was our first visit to Melbourne and the Crossley Hotel met the main criteria we had: good value, great location, free wifi. The Hotel is within walking distance of everything we needed, and the trams took us to everywhere that was outside walking distance. Staff were friendly and efficient. We had a corner Superior Room with kitchenette and it was nice to have the extra space to spread out in. As the hotel is small, it felt as if we were "coming home" at the end of each of our busy days of sightseeing and shopping.

Room Tip: Corner Superior Room is very large for not much extra cost.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane E
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review on the Crossley Hotel.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to read that you were made to feel welcome by our staff and that you felt at "home" through out your stay. I will be sure to pass on your lovely thoughts to the team. I was happy to read that you also appreciated the use of the free WI-FI.

Once again Jane, thank you for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a pleasant clean standard Hotel in a wonderful Melbourne CBD location.
The rooms are neat, well maintained and quiet and the King bed was really comfortable.

On the downside there was no movie guide in the room, very basic amenities,small well worn towels and the continental breakfast was extremely limited and disappointing.

Also you need to actually pay $100 on your credit card on arrival at the Hotel, in addition to your Hotel payment ,which is returned 3-5 business days later.

I would recommend it for budget accommodation in the heart of Melbourne.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Alison,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was happy to read you appreciated the great location that the hotel is situated in, it was also great to read your positive thoughts on the cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms and the comfortable bed. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams work hard to keep the rooms at a high level, so I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

I was disappointed to read that you thought the breakfast had limited choices as we regularly receive reviews on how great our breakfasts are, however I will pass your thoughts onto our restaurant manager.

The $100.00 Security deposit is a pre-authorisation only and is not taken out of your account, it is a holding made by your bank at our request and generally is released automatically within in 3-5 working days, this is a standard hotel procedure through out Australia, I'm sorry if this was not explained to you upon your check in.

Once again Alison, I would like to thank you for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Regards,