The Crossley Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)
1,994 results
All reviewsgreat locationheart of china townher majesty's theatrecontinental breakfastsuperior roombourke streetvalet parkingparliament stationsmall hotelfree wifitop endwithin walking distancestay there againshort walkstreet noisecentral locationpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed at the Crossley Hotel over the (WA) Long Weekend (6 people x 3 rooms) and found that the service was amazing! Our flight arrived really early in the morning and the hotel had no issues with giving us an early check-in as our rooms were available. The receptionist Kenny, was also very helpful in giving us directions and answering our silly (out of towner's) questions.

The rooms were spacious enough for 2 people, the bathrooms were clean and there was ample hot water! One thing I hate about hotels is the lack of pressure from the shower heads, which is no problem here at the Crossley.

Location wise, it is close to everything! 10 min walk and you're at Melbourne central. Everything is walking distance in Melbourne, however if you're lazy you can catch a train at Parliament which is only a 5min walk.

Overall I will come back and stay at the Crossley!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Melissa L, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was pleased to read that you received such helpful and efficient service throughout your stay and that you and your friends were able to check in early with out any fuss. I will certainly pass your comments on to all the team, especially Kenny. I would also like to thank you for highlighting the spacious and clean rooms, I will definitely pass your feedback on to the housekeeping team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed there during a very recent business trip. Great location, close to all amenities as well as bars and restaurants. Booked a superior room which was large in size and comfortable however, the quality of bathroom products not so great. Suggest you bring your own amenities - you can't squeeze the products out of the packaging... ? Back to the room size - good enough for business trips, there's no need to book a 1 bedroom apartment etc. Reception staff were very helpful with an early check in as I needed to attend a seminar that morning. All in all, really enjoyed the stay and thought it was a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Melissa L, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you thought the rooms were comfortable and spacious. I appreciate your feed back on the bathroom products, I will certainly pass this on to the Housekeeping team. It was great to read how helpful the staff were in providing you with an early check in, we certainly take pride in making our guest's check ins as easy as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I took advantage of a special voucher that I had purchased some time ago and wasn't disappointed. It's a boutique hotel so the room wasn't huge. However, it was very comfortable and had everything we wanted. The only criticism was that the television sets were being "upgraded" and the remote control didn't work. Wi fi was provided but seemed slow and unreliable so I opted to stay with my 3G provider considering I wasn't planning to spend much time on line. Parking and breakfast were included in the deal. The parking is at a separate location so the car is taken care of "valet style". The staff were quite happy for the car to remain parked until early afternoon while we walked to the Melbourne Museum. The hotel is very conveniently located to Melbourne's theatre precinct and close to a variety of cafes and restaurants. Very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul_in_Australia

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highlighting how comfortable the room was. I was also pleased to read that you appreciated the valet car parking service.

I'm sorry for the issues with your remote control, but we are in the process of upgrading our televisions and switching over to digital to include 4 free movie channels. I would also like to apologise for the limited access to the WI-FI internet, we do have a business centre on the 4th floor which also has internet access.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed one night in March 2012. We arrived to early to check into our room but the staff were so helpful and took our baggage and said they would call when our room was ready. We decided to wander into the city for lunch and received a call during our meal to advise our room was ready. When we went back to get our room key we were surprised to see that we had been given a 3 bedroom hotel room on the top floor. The room was massive for the two of us but if you were traveling with a large family this would have been perfect. Overall great location with easy walking access to the heart of the city, very clean and wonderful staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NLRG

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you recent 5/5 review. I was really happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay. It was also great to read how helpful the staff were and how efficient they were in getting you into your room earlier. I will certainly pass all your comments on to all the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

An adequate hotel room, clean and with everything needed but with a bed the size of a football field, and really exceptional staff. The Princess Theatre was on the next corner and although we had checked out before the show our luggage was stored and a taxi booked for our departure. Any enquiry was answered with helpfulness and local knowledge. Did I mention free wi-fi, a nice touch and certainly appreciated. Already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie C

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was also happy to hear how exceptional the staff were, I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the team.I was also pleased that you enjoyed the use of the free WI-FI access through out the hotel.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel in the future.