Adelphi Hotel
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$110
$88
$271
$206
  • Pool
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$145
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$180
$153
  • Breakfast included
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$162
$98
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$181
$131
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$257
$168
$186
$177
Priceline
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
  • Fitness center
1,343 results
All reviewsflinders lanefree moviesrooftop poolcomplimentary mini bardessert barcomfy kingwelcome messagefree lollieswelcome drinkgreat boutiqueon arrivalfunky hotellittle touchesturn down serviceperfect locationcoffee machineinner city
Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was everything we expected and more! The service was second to none - in fact more hotels could learn from the Adelphi!! The staff were friendly & genuine - the ultimate customer service!! Location was perfect. Close to transport, shops and restaurants all within walking distance. It was the little touches that made the difference. The decor was quirky which was perfect for a boutique hotel. Loved the lolly jar - the salted caramel bar was divine - the best ever!! Free movies was a great bonus and lots of choice too! Breakfast was lovely - baked eggs! Mine weren't cooked properly but as soon as I pointed this out the staff couldn't do enough to ensure that it was rectified and that I was a happy customer!! As I said - great customer service!! They even had a turn down service - not many 5 star hotels offer this service anymore. The room was basic but well suited to it's branding and really everything you need! Bed was extremely comfortable & a great shower! I would definitely stay again .. shame we were only there for one night!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a comfy king overlooking the lane way on level 3! Didn't hear a thing ....
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Hi Narelle B,

I get the impression that you loved you visit to Adelphi :). And from what you have mentioned it is our little unique touches that impressed you most. We are certainly pioneers in many ways yet old fashioned in others such as turndown and our understated yet genuine approach to service.

Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

When I arrived, I found I had left my licence at home..I was made to feel like a naughty school girl.. So.. After finally agreeing to send a copy in the next day, I was allowed to go to my room.. I think the staff were more excited about the free lollies in the mini bar than I was.. Pretty tacky I thought..
Basic room, although spacious.. Felt cold and basic... A little bit like a youth hostel .
The pool, which sounded exciting, was also pretty tacky.. All needed some work.

A great position in the middle of the CBD .. But I think there are other places for a Similar cost that would be Nicer,

Room Tip: I think it would be hard to escape the noise in the street below.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Chriskringle

Dear Chriskringle,

Thank you for visiting Adelphi and sharing your stay. It is great to get all feedback from our guests and I appreciate the opportunity to reply to you. While our central location is a great plus for us it saddens me to read that our hotel wasn't perfect for you. Often a less then perfect stay is the result of a less than ideal start and I apologize for the delay you experienced due to your license not being with you. We are quite strict on this aspect to ensure the security of guest details and lawful use of credit cards but with better communication on our part prior to arrival this could have been better managed.

We are very excited about the unique product we have here at Adelphi and that extends to the mini-bar and other inclusions. While we love it when our guests share that excitement we know that for some the makings of a great stay are in others aspects. I hope when our pool area is renovated in the coming months that this is a particular motivator for yourself to return to Adelphi. Without being aware of which of room type you stayed in it may be also that one of our alternate rooms is a better fit for you and provides the right feel and warmth.

I hope that we have another opportunity in the future to welcome you to Adelphi and please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel should this be the case.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here for a work conference that was being held at the generic Sheraton round the corner. Mainly booked as I liked the idea of the pool. No regrets there swimming every morning eight flights up doing kick turns over flinders lane was a unique experience. Really groovy fell to the hotel, great staff service and when they did make a small error they fell over themselves to make it right (it's the putting right that counts!). Room was on level 5, quiet enough, average room really without a view except of the neighbouring building but loved the bathroom and all the little touches like free minibar and candy and quirky books. Movies were also free on some trial or something. Great location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark W
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Hi Mark W,

Thanks for sharing your stay and for choosing us over one of the big guys. While I am not aware of what the small error was that was made it is very encouraging to read about the eagerness the team showed in turning this around. You are right that this very much is the bit that counts.

When you return next you be pleased to find that movies are still fully available as part of your room rate and the pool will still be comfortable to swim in year round.

See you then,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We've stayed in this hotel quite a few times over the years and have been a fan. It had however become a bit tired but has had a very nice freshen up recently with new owners. It is a small boutique hotel and has retained its quirky feel and now has a team of enthusiastic, helpful staff. The location is perfect, very central and a short walk to many great restaurants and bars - having Supernormal open up across the road is a real bonus!
The free lollies and drinks are a nice touch and free wifi also gets a big tick. The price is very reasonable for the quality and location. Much better value than many of the bigger hotels.

1  Thank Maccyoz

Dear Maccyoz,

It's always good to hear from those guests that experienced the old Adelphi and can really appreciate the hard edges we have smoothed over. Thanks for continuing to stay at Adelphi through the many ups and downs and I can assure we are staying up from here on in :)

Thanks for sharing your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back many times,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Adelphi is really well located on Flinders Lane – an easy walk into the CBD and surrounds.

The decor is quality and stylish and not the naff faux-opulence of some hotels (still not sure what to make of the large horse sculpture in the lobby!). The rooms are clean, comfortable and, I thought, reasonably spacious. Bathrooms (no baths only shower) are big enough and the shower is good.

We were originally on the 7th floor, and the room was pretty noisy – I had a lousy night's sleep, woken up by bins being emptied, car stereos etcetera. In the morning I mentioned that they need double glazing, and Ricky promptly (without me asking) organised another room (apparently the upper floors have opening windows – a legacy of days when people were allowed to smoke in rooms – and these tend to have more noise). I thought they handled my issue really well (nice and unexpected touch to find a note and bottle of wine in the new – and indeed quieter – room). My only gripe would be, having read reviews that suggested the place could be noisy I had specifically asked that we be located somewhere quiet when I booked – that obviously didn't happen.

The service is professional and friendly and the rooms are really nice. Great toiletries and nice touch that the minibar and sweets are all complimentary, and the complimentary welcome drink was, indeed, welcome.

The dessert at Om Nom was, to be honest, a disappointment. High quality ingredients, but the flavours were a bit of a mishmash. Perhaps I just chose badly.

We will definitely look to stay at the Adelphi again next time we come to Melbourne.

Room Tip: Higher floors (7+) have windows that open and are noisier in terms of hearing street noise. Apparently, this is due to be addressed so it might be worth asking when you book.
1  Thank jo_welly

Dear jo_welly,

Your review of your stay is one the most pleasing that I have read in some time. Thank you for your very constructive feedback and also for highlighting the impact that the quick resolution had on your stay. Guests do at times experience issues in any service based establishment but it is how these bumps are smoothed out that makes the biggest difference to your overall impressions and is an accurate measure of the attitudes and engagement of those delivering the product. I am not at all surprised that Ricky and the team acted quickly and decisively to turn your stay around. He is an outstanding professional and a very big part of our ongoing success.

In regards to the noise that you did initially experience, I am happy to report that the high floor windows that you speak of have all been replaced and the results have been very positive. We also have a number of other improvements in the works to reduce internal noise even further.

Please know that I am as pleased to reply to your review as I was to read it and I look to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,