“Wonderful experience”
Review of Adelphi Hotel

Adelphi Hotel
Ranked #2 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We often visit Melbourne so have stayed in many of the 4 and 5 star hotels.Our 2 nights in the Adelphi were most enjoyable and the stand-out aspect is the staff. People like Michael, Lance, the bar staff, cleaners etc. were delightful and were very sincere in their desire to ensure our stay was memorable. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy A
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Wendy A,

Judging by your review I hope that not only will you often visit Melbourne but that you will often visit Adelphi. We would love this to become your home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to share your visit and also for the personal mention. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Michael and the team also.

Please call us direct when you are next coming home to Adelphi. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing! Best customer service I've had in Australia so far. Before my arrival the staff wrote me an email asking me when I was going to arrive, if there was anything they could do for me including picking me up from the airport, they also let me know that the two packages under my name that my office had sent had arrived and they where going to keep them safe and sound for me. From the moment I arrived on it was just excellent customer service, they where always willing to help me out, from lending me tools for opening boxes, to printing several documents, the room service and the dining service up in the pool where great. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner several times and the food quality and presentation where always top notch. Kim who was mainly at the front desk always had a smile on her face even if she had been working for many hours. The waitresses where also amazing, even on the last day I left at 4 a.m and very nicely made me a great flat white! It was really one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms have great size, the wifi was always working, the clock and speaker to put your phone is up to date which is very impressive, the bathroom was excellent size and the water temperature was no hassle to adjust to whatever you wanted, the closet had very cute lamps that would open up when you opened the closet, it was truly great, every single detail has been thought of. Plus is really cool, you feel like a rockstar staying there, the pool/roof top area is really nice to chill, have a drink with friends or just work there which I did all three. I will be traveling to Australia often and there is no doubt I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed at the comfy king it was amazing! I think any room is great at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mariana A

Dear Mariana the rockstar,

Thanks for the amazing review. It's great that you appreciated the little things that we do before you arrive as much as what you receive once at home with us here at the hotel. We want our guests to be excited to be arriving and upset to be leaving (not that we like to see you upset). We are very much striving to be the best hotel in Melbourne and I truly believe that we have the hotel and more specifically the team to make that a reality. Seems we have won you over to this already.

Please come back and visit us soon. Kim hasn't been the same since you left :)

Kind regards and thanks again,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We loved our one night stay at the Adelphi and wished we could have stayed longer and will certainly return when in Melbourne again.
This boutique hotel has cutting edge design which makes it stand out fom other hotels and also staff who are fantastic and do everything to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.
We loved our spacious room and the swanky industrial design and the bathroom is right up there with the best. Little extras like a free welcome drink and desert from the desert bar and free soft drinks and sweets from the mini bar put the Adelphi way ahead of other hotels. We also loved the macaroons which welcomed us when we returned to our room in the evening, another great touch.
The design of the bar is just another reason to stay at the Adelphi, it's cool and at the same time relaxing.
Can't speak highly enough of this hotel and the staff, you would be daft not to stay here if in Melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianFiona
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi AdrianFiona,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your time at Adelphi. Like yourself, we are very happy with the new design of the hotel and as I'm sure you can understand, the feedback on the new Adelphi has been overwhelmingly positive. Our inclusive rates are certainly one way that we are looking to stand out from the pack but like with any service driven business our staff are the key so hearing your kind words regarding the team is particularly great.

Thank you again and hopefully next time you are in Melbourne we can keep you for longer :)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having stayed many times at the old Adelphi, I was looking forward to experiencing the revamped hotel. On many levels this hotel does not disappoint: the rooms are a good size and well furnished, the staff are friendly, the whole place has a funky vibe to it and the location is excellent. I disagree with reviewers who have complained about the location: a short walk from the hotel brings you to numerous good places to have a meal or drink. However, I think the hotel could improve in a few areas. I stayed for four nights and was very busy during the day with work. Sometimes I got back to the hotel late at night. It was nice to have a glass of wine at the bar before going back to my room. On one occasion I asked if I could purchase some nuts or something savoury to have with the drink and was told in a rather off-hand way that there was nothing like that at the bar, although it was still early enough to order a dessert from the restaurant. It would take very little to have a few simple savoury things available at the bar and in any 4 star hotel you would normally be brought something light to have with a drink. In the end I was left wondering if I had grown a little too old for the boutique hotel experience, which was my preferred style of hotel for many years. The rooms here are not cheap and for the same price I could have got a last minute deal at one of the big 5 star hotels. There my room would not be nearly as interesting but maybe I no longer need the bespoke experience and now want more convenience and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven M

Dear Steven M,

Let me start by saying that I believe you are never too old for the boutique hotel experience. More accurately you wanted something to eat and we should have provided that. I will be following this up with the team in the Dessert Bar. Particularly as we have a number of items available that would have been quite suitable to offer you. My apologies that this was not forth coming. I hope that in light of the many positive aspects of your stay that the boutique style of hotel remains your preference. More specifically, I'd like Adelphi to remain your preference. I am very confident that we can provide convenience and comfort all within a unique boutique environment.

Thank you for your constructive review and for the many positives points you made clear to those reading this and considering where next to stay when visiting Melbourne. This is of great assistance to us moving forward as a new hotel.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hubby and I stayed at the Adelphi for our wedding anniversary. The service and welcome was exceptional and all staff were enthusiastic, engaging and helpful. I was a little worried that the noise overnight would be extreme - the earplugs left at the turndown service were a cause for some concern. Macaroons were a nice touch and that amazing mini bar was a sugar-fest! Needless to say the earplugs were unnecessary - the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable! A complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary was a lovely touch. The Adelphi is a lovely boutique hotel, small enough to be special, large enough to have a great restaurant and bar. I can't wait to return later in the year to experience the upgraded pool deck. To fully experience the Adelphi, visit the dessert bar . . . Yum!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CountryVicChic

Hi CountryVicChic,

We are so honoured that you chose to spend your special occasion with us here at Adelphiand the least we could extend to you was a nice bottle of champagne. Congratulations.

We are also very happy that you enjoyed a peaceful nights sleep without assistance from the earplugs. While the hotel is by no means noisy, we choose to place these in rooms on Friday and Saturday as we are aware that these are the nights more likely to produce unexpected noise and we want you to sleep as well as possible.

Thank you for your praise of our little boutique hotel and Om Nom Dessert Bar. It's clear you really embraced the dessert theme. We are heaven for the sweet tooth.

If not before, we hope to see you back for the next anniversary.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect location for a trip to Melbourne, 2 minute walk to flinders station, federation square and more. We booked a 2 night stay at the Adelphi after stumbling across it on the net and deciding it was exactly what we were looking for...something different than your standard chain hotel and from the time we booked until the time we left different is exactly what we got!!
Some of the positives include the amazing desserts at OmNom restaurant, the free mini bar and sweets jar and the gorgeous roof top pool that extends out over the streets below with a glass bottom allowing you to wave at pedestrians below!!
The only real thing that needs to be worked on is the garbage collection VERY early on Monday morning, it was very loud.
Would recommend the Adelphi hotel for anyone looking for something special in Melbourne

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Happytravol

Hi Happytravol,

Thank you for your very positive and also very constructive review. We love nothing more than hearing praise for how different we are. We have looked to embraced the opportunities a small hotel offers you to think outside the box.

My apologies for the noise you experienced due to the garbage collection. While outside noise is one of the realities of such a central location in a big city we do look to control what we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

It great that you were able to experience the pool before we begin our renovation in Autumn. Next summer the rooftop will be even more spectacular.

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We'd driven from Apollo Bay to Melbourne and received a very warm welcome on checking in. Michael deserves a special mention. He was very efficient but had a great sense of humour too and continued to look after us for our 3 night stay. The room, a comfy King, was just that. Lovely bathroom and products replenished each day. Fresh water and soft drinks in the fridge and sweets and chocolates in the jar also replenished each day to help ourselves was a very nice touch. Macaroons by the bed each night and a free welcome drink AND dessert! Wonderful!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian T

Dear Gillian T,

Great to hear that your drive up from Apollo Bay was worth the trip and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Michael. I am pleased to hear that he made you feel so welcome. He is very indicative of the genuine, warm service that we are looking to provide for our guests. He will particularly relish the praise of his unique humour :).

Hope you have enjoyed your time in Australia and we hope to welcome you back in the future.