Adelphi Hotel
$216
$179
Westin.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$185
$168
  • Breakfast included
$235
$207
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$155
$152
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$125
$108
  • Fitness center
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$94
$87
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$257
$161
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$210
$185
Priceline
1,337 results
All reviewsflinders lanefree moviesrooftop poolcomplimentary mini bardessert barcomfy kingwelcome messagefree lollieswelcome drinkgreat boutiqueon arrivalfunky hotellittle touchesturn down serviceperfect locationcoffee machineinner city
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Adelphi to attend the Australian tennis open. I travel with work and stay in a lot of "bland" 5 star corporate style hotels so it was to have the "boutique" hotel experience for a change. Absolutely loved the quirky decor and appreciated the attention to detail and the many little extras that you never get in the big chains. The personalised service was awesome and a big shout out to Ricky, who was the friendly concierge and jack of all trades really. It is in a perfect location to enjoy the many great eateries in Flinders Lane and was an easy walk to the express tram to the tennis courts. We loved it so much we will be back next year to do it all again :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lance L, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Luluw129,

Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed the tennis. It really is an amazing time of year to be in Melbourne and the Open is a must see. Great to hear you had a fabulous stay at our little hotel. I agree that the location is fantastic but at Adelphi we don't just rely on that to impress our guests. We make sure we have managers such as Ricky to truly make your experience special. I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

See you again soon,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm a management consultant, so I stay in a lot of hotels--I actually sleep more often in a hotel bed than my own bed. I would rate the Adelphi as 9/10, with every intention of staying here again when I'm in Melbourne, and I would absolutely recommend it to a non-business traveler, too.

It's a very chic hotel in a great location with excellent service. After you check in at reception in a lobby that smells incredible, someone brings you to your room, making sure your key works, showing you where to find things and how they work, and answering any questions. They leave you a macaron every night from the yummy dessert bar downstairs. I called reception because I had misplaced my phone, and they called me back 5 mins later to make sure I'd found it.

The rooms are all suites done in a modern style with a very comfortable bed. The snacks and drinks in the fridge are complimentary, and your booking also gets you a cocktail that you can have at the bar or sent to your room. The TV is large, the shower has great water pressure, and there's an iPhone 5 dock in the bedside alarm.

The only reasons I don't give it 10/10 are for very minor points that matter more to business travelers: the room service menu is a bit limited, the gym is under construction, and the room didn't have a kettle or a hairdryer (they supplied the hairdryer readily upon request; I didn't ask for the kettle).

Honestly, stay here.

Extra note: I didn't get a chance to go, but I've heard the pool bar is fabulous

• Stayed: January 2014
Lance L, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Talkthewalk,

Thanks for your wonderful, and may I say very constructive, review. It is great to get very particular feedback on how we are delivering to our guests from experienced hotel travellers such as yourself. We have made a point of looking at the 'expected' things that hotels provide and tweaking them in a user friendly way that is easy to understand for the infrequent traveller and able to be appreciated by the more seasoned. We know that not all hotels escort you to your room. We know that key cards fail. We know all guests like hot showers and a big screen TV. We also know that everyone at some stage has left behind a phone charger. Our solution? Don't even bring one :).

And everybody likes Macaroons.

We have very recently been reviewing our room service menu and the need for a kettle in the rooms based largely on the feedback we have received. Kettle usage is hard to gauge until you remove it. On a nice day the pool deck is a great place to enjoy a drink and will only improve further during our refurbishment in the coming winter. The gym unfortunately won't be returning as part of the new Adelphi.

Thank you so much again for all of your feedback and please continue to do so when visiting us in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at Adelphi for our honeymoon stay in Melbourne and we had the best time! I loved the modern decor of the hotel and all the little treats that they had for us in the room. The dessert restaurant was fabulous as well!! Definitely recommended for anyone. The staff was excellent.
The breakfast was incredible as well!

Hi MelP112,

Thank you for sharing your great stay. In such a short, positive review you managed to squeeze in Amazing, Fabulous, Excellent and Incredible!! We are so grateful that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us here at Adelphi and look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Recently stayed a Friday and Saturday night. The refurb is good but not great. To be honest it already feels a little 'used'. They've tried hard though haven't quite pulled it off.

The biggest issue we had was the noise at night. We gave it the benefit of the doubt - having read reviews on here that it was a problem - though it was pretty much impossible to get to sleep given the noise coming from the Alley way. This continued until at least 3am. We know it's inner city though the rooms simply aren't sound proofed enough.

I really wanted this to be a good experience though unfortunately we won't go back.

2  Thank The_AU_Traveller

Good afternoon The _AU_Traveller,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Adelphi Hotel. It is sad to hear that you had a less than perfect weekend here in the city. You are certainly not mistaken that we have had much feedback on the noise that can be generated around our very central location. While to a degree it comes with the territory there are certainly things we are looking into in order to minimize the impact this has on our guests. Among these is collating the feedback to help identify quieter rooms within the hotel for our lighter sleepers, managing the hours of operation of the outlets within the hotel and avoiding use of certain rooms when noisy occasions such as roadworks are taking place outside.

We are also working closely with our neighbours to better understand the nature of the events taking place with them to better prepare for any anticipated noise. Prior knowledge is a big step towards providing the appropriate quiet space for all of our guests. While outside noise is often noise made by others, it is still very much our responsibility to help minimize it if it affects our guests.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to Adelphi and I would be more than happy to assist you personally should you wish to return.

Thank you again for sharing your Adelphi experience and I hope to hear from you,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Well organised and attentive staff, at both the front office part and the bar\dessert area.
Desserts selection was a bit limited on a Sunday, but this is understandable. In no way did it detract from the experience. Definitely will need to come back for a "full" menu attempt.
Rooms were new, well furnished and comfortable. King Bed, with shower, couch etc.
"Industrial" style bathroom design was unusual but worked well.
Great to have the "what is in the room comes with the room" type set-up, with complementary juice, water and sweet snacks.

Cocktails and desserts didn't disappoint either.

Perfect for a nice weekend escape for a couple.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mike G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay at Adelphi. It is great to read about the things that we like to do different to 'normal' hotels such as our inclusive rates. I know when I travel, the less hidden surprises the better. Glad you like our fresh approach to the hotel experience.

Look forward to welcoming you back for the full dessert extravaganza,