Ways to Experience Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
from $17.10
from $29.41
from $69.07
8,820 results
All reviews sports museum boxing day long room australian rules football afl match sporting arena change rooms members area hallowed turf amazing stadium sports fans watch a game great sporting olympic games behind the scenes sporting history guided tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well worth doing this tour. Informative, fun and great access to places you wouldn't get to go to when watching the cricket. Great to do as solo, couples, or a group or family.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I highly recommend this tour. Sometimes being a tourist can feel like you are doing the same old things over and over. The MCG has a unique history and it also reflects the culture of Melbourne and Australia. The tour guides are some of the long term members of the club, and they not only love the place but they know everything about it. Although our tour was supposed to be 1-1/4 hour it went closer to 2 but we were never bored. For children it would be a bit long and maybe not that interesting. For adults who are interested in Melbourne, Australia and sports it is a winner!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of the easiest stadiums to get to and to get around. Staff were excellent and very helpful. Good view of the ground from wherever your seat is. Excellent facilities for toilets and food.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are a sports fan and especially if you are a fan of cricket or aussie rules football, you have to stop here. Personally we are baseball fans and don't know anything about cricket. We did the one hour tour of the stadium on New Years Eve day. It is very well done. The guides are members of the Cricket Club and conduct the tours on their cricket club jackets. Being from the US not really a fan cricket or aussie football, we do love sports. The stadium is beautiful. They take you down on the field and through the under stadium areas. There is a heavy emphasis on the history of cricket, which while I didn't know much about, enjoyed learning about it.

The tour and our tour guide inspired us to come back on January 9 and watch our first cricket match between Melbourne and Sydney. While we didn't really understand the rules, it was a lot of fun to attend and we are committed to learn the game. We'd like to go to another match and we enjoyed the spirit of the cricket fans in Melbourne. For any fan of sport, this is a fun one hour tour worth of taking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having lived in the US for almost 2 decades I assume inclusive/accessible tours are the norm and atleast in the US accessible tours are required by law. FWIW I am of South Asian origin. We made it in time for the 2 pm tour. We went though the mandatory baggage check which is required before even buying the tickets. A old Asian-Australian lady did it. We walked up to the counter to buy our tickets for 2 adults and 1 toddler. We asked for the the duration and the accessibility of the tour. It was for 1 hour and not all parts were accessible by stroller. We asked if we could pay the full price and then exit if our toddler started crying in the middle as we did not want to disturb others. The lady in the counter saud that was not possible and was sympathetic to us and said maybe we could visit the store or the cafe. Regretfully we decide that is best rather than lift our stroller over stairs or having a tired toddler being dragged through the tour we would visit the store. As my wife stood outside the store taking a picture of our toddler this old asian security lady screamed something rude and nasty across the hall. We were disgusted with with what she said, my wife just wanted to walk out.

I had to walk back to the counter and had to tell the nice lady there how rude this asian security guard was. Her response was "this is due to heightened security". I was baffled by this. I have been to places of significant security (government and otherwise). It is perfectly ok to check bags, frisk even to do a full body search if the situation demands. I am perfectly OK and support it. But to be rude, nasty and racist is simply not OK.

Please read the other 1 star reviews. Most are by South Asians (Indians) and are treated the same way. So in my opinion,

1. IF travelling with a child < 5 - Avoid
2. If on a wheelchair - Avoid
3. If South Asian Avoid.

I did video the entire incident and will figure out how to upload this here or on youtube.

Date of experience: December 2019