“Great value”

Melbourne Food Tour by Tram Including Queen Victoria Market
Ranked #26 of 415 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit Melbourne’s favourite shopping destination where you can wander the heritage sheds for an authentic local experience. Uncover a variety of clothing, jewellery and souvenirs, and taste the atmosphere of the meat, fish and deli halls. Take the 90 minute Ultimate Foodie Tour, a small group walking tour for food lovers and eat the best food the market has to offer.
Brisbane, Australia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great value”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The best fruit and vegetables I have ever seen, the strawberrys were huge, and only two dollars a punet

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Singapore
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to walk, shop and eat”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great market to walk around to see and buy food, souvenirs and even have breakfast or lunch. It is a truly a place that have all you need. some of the best buy I got from here are cheap t-shirts, fresh oysters, nice bread. There are many interesting handicrafts and artworks as well.

Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fascinating place to explore”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I loved walking up and down the aisles in the market, just looking at the colourful displays of fresh lobsters, seafood, baked goodies, sweets, colorful macaroons etc. The fresh fruit section provided a delectable selection of colourful fruits including my favourite, the Aussie mangoes...yumm. The main hall had a vast selection of souvenirs and other knick knacks -you could spend a whole morning or pm just exploring the area. We stopped to have lunch there - we had the weisswurst and black pepper hotdog and it was delicious. I'd even go as far as saying the food tasted almost better than any restaurant food. The toilets were also very clean. The Queen Vic market is a Melbourne icon and it well deserves its reputation. Must not miss this experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JELGoh
Auckland, New Zealand
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Wonderful Market”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was our first visit to the night market. Was such a great experience with so many stalls to look at and try their free samples. Lots of variety of choices of food. Well worth queuing to try something different. I really loved the Korean Twist Potato, and its several seasonings to choose from.

We enjoyed ourselves so much we came back on a Saturday to see the rest of the markets. The little arcade shops were mouth watering, I wanted to buy so much !

Will come back for sure on next visit here

Visited November 2012
Hereford, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Victoria Market”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

If I had written this before I went to Adelaide would have given it 5 stars but now would give it 3 and a half if possible. I loved it and even bought a ink drawing of it when we visited the market in St Kilda but now Adelaide has spoiled my vision.
But having said that wish we had a market like this in my home town - loved all the different fresh veg but the deli and bread stalls were my favourite - the falafal and salad wraps were not beaten anywhere on our visit to Oz - will come back with the name of the stall later - half way down the deli dept on the left hand side.

Visited November 2012