“Great value in the city”
Review of Atlantis Hotel

Atlantis Hotel
Ranked #95 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a conference trip in July. I found the location very convenient, although I have read other reviewers that were not happy with the distance they needed to travel to get anywhere. It is not in the 'centre' of the CBD - you will need to walk about 15-30 minutes to get to the good eating areas - but I did not see this as any great problem. You are also about 5 minutes from Southern Cross station, where the Skybus from the airport stops, which is extremely convenient for transfers.

The hotel itself was very nice - biggish room with a nice comfortable bed. There is a small gym and pool downstairs that you can use for no additional cost, which I found great. I also found the staff were very helpful and friendly.

I did get a very good rate on my room, about $70 a night, but I consider it extremely good value for that price and would have been happy to pay a bit more. Great stay overall!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tardigrades
Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed August 6, 2010

We are currently staying at the Atlantis as part of a mini 4 day holiday and having read the reviews, felt compelled to write our own.

Yes there still is only one lift operational and yes there still is a long waiting time.

Yes there is still one certain member of staff behind the desk who is not only unpassionate but is also quite rude and short with responses.

Our main concerns are that there are no smoking rooms or balconies so u have to go outside. With only one lift available, this can cause moods.

Rooms are clean, reasonable for the price however there are noises at night that can keep you up.

We are staying in a cityview room but the only thing we can see are more buildings and a non operational balcony. So I ask, where is the view?!

Bathroom is quite small tho clean but the door doesn't shut properly.

And yeah other than DFO and southern cross station there isn't much within walking distance.

atlantis300, Front Office Manager at Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thanks for the post - I can confirm as of Friday 6th August @ 4pm both lifts are operational. We do thank you for your stay and are sincerely sorry about the lift but each lift required an upgrade which meant the hotel had to operate with only 1 lift for approx the last 3 weeks. This issue is now resolved and both lifts are running. We welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

This looks like a great hotel in a good location, so I booked a room through Wotif.com.

Unfortunately, my flight from New Zealand was cancelled and the airline made me travel the next day. I called the hotel as soon as the flight was cancelled - I was still on the plane and it was 3 1/2 hours before my ETA! - to let them know I would not be coming. They told me to contact Wotif to discuss a refund. I've just called Wotif, who rang the hotel for me, as it turns out that it is the hotel's policy that dictates whether a customer will get a refund. I was told that Atlantis have a very strict cancellation policy and this was not going to be an exception.

In short, be aware that under no circumstances will you be refunded if you cannot take up your booking with Atlantis. How disappointing.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Good deal from Expedia. Room fine. Stayed extra 4 nights and was going to be given a grandview room. First room was city view which I continued to stay in because it gets the sun if it is out. The other is always in the shadow. I did have to ask to have clean sheets after 5 days which I feel rediculous. The sheets should be changed every couple of days considering you are paying for it. Should not need to ask. Otherwise room comfortable. Fridge empty awaiting you to fill it. Just down from here was a supermarket and chemist.
Pool/sauna/gym in basement. Some parking is availible. Trams on your doorstep to take you almost anywhere you want for a very cheap price. Position is good. Only breakfast here, no restaurant. Staff helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We had a citiview queen room in the new tower. Room was not as roomy as expected, but it had what we needed. For a 4-star, we had a good & reasonable rate for a hotel in the city. It was clean, comfortable, and in a good location--across from DFO and in an area in the CBD where it was quiet and not overcrowded with people. Parking within the hotel at $15 overnight and you can go in-and-out. The free city circle tram is just at the corner; Docklands is a quick drive. Must check out COSTCO, which is less than 5 mins drive from hotel and next to a Harbourtown Shopping mall. Would definitely stay again when in Melbourne!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The rooms appear newly refurbished and look great. The views over to Docklands are fantastic. The place is a bargain. The TV system gave me the dirts but it is a minor issue.
Location: While it might be fantastic for a trip to the Footy, it is a good wander into the heart of the city and their is a distinct lack of nearby eateries. Across the road from a Coles. I gave the $15 breakfast a go. Didnt return.
The positive factors at this hotel far outweigh any negatives.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Our stay at Atlantis Hotel was great. We arrived quite early at about 7am and they gave us our room right away. The lady that checked us in was very helpful and polite. The location of the hotel was perfect, right next to the southern cross railway station and city centre. It is easy to walk everywhere from the hotel. The room was quite clean but we were disapointed that there was no foxtel and some lights didn't work. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast too, good selection of food and value for the price. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again, mostly because of the location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family