“Decent pricing and adequate accomodation”
Review of Atlantis Hotel

Atlantis Hotel
Ranked #95 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Checked into this hotel for a overnight stay during transit and was very happy with the price and accommodation. The rooms are clean and free from clutter, possibly a little bit bare.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was modern and adequately equipped for any traveler.

My only comment would be that the room windows really need a clean! I'm guessing the nearby construction is creating the dirty windows, but I could barely see out the window. Otherwise, I'd likely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rollo_100

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I'm a really hard person to displease when it comes to hotels... as long as they're clean and tidy and the staff are pleasant I'm am usually really happy but i cannot say so for my stay at the Best Western Atlantis Hotel...

Firstly my cousin and I arrived quite early in the morning (about 8 am) I understand that it is not always possible to check someone in early and we would've been more than happy to wait. The thing that annoyed me was that when we got there we asked if it was possible to check in early and the girls said "yes that's fine, first available room we get will be yours." So we sat in the foyer and read through some travel pamphlets for about an 1 and a half... during this hour and a half about 15 people must have been checked in!! Finally we went to the front desk and asked whats going on have we got a room yet and they said "Oh yes, sorry" It was like seriously??? We're right in your sight (Foyer isn't huge) and you couldn't have come and told us a room was ready? We had been on a red eye flight and all we wanted to do was have a shower and freshen up! Sorry but that really annoyed us.... we were grumpy and tired from the flight lol!

Rant over about early check in.... my second problem was the room service... we ordered room service from the restaurant down stairs (Which i would highly recommend it was delicious) but they didn't bring us any cutlery so i called room service and asked for some cutlery to be brought up if possible they said "no worries will be up in 5 minutes" .... an hour later still waiting for cutlery we had to go to the front desk (IN OUR PJS!!!!) and physically ask someone for cutlery!! Grrrr!!!!

Thirdly the cleaning service to the room wasn't fantastic.... they didn't replace any of our tea and coffee/ tea spoons/ cups.... we were having to boil the kettle and swill the mugs out ourselves every morning! Also we had a small bin in our room but not enough to put a substantial amount of rubbish in so we neatly stacked any wine bottles (there were a few haha) and water bottles next to the already full bin in the thought that the cleaners would empty the bin and take the bottles..... at the end of our stay the bin was still full and hadn't been emptied once!!

Although I have had quite a few negatives i do as well have a few things nice to say about the hotel...

The breakfast buffet was really nice and reasonably priced, the room we stayed in was a good size and had quite a nice view. As said before the restaurant you can order room service from was DELICIOUS!!!! (We ate it almost every night lol) Also the hotel is really close to a tram line that we used quite often to get around the city.

I hate writing bad reviews but we just didn't have a great overall experience with this hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lex1893
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Don't look any further for a Hotel in Melbourne. This Hotel is perfect: it is fairly priced; our room was spacious and tidy (we booked a Family Room (or Superior Twin) with two bedrooms). There's also a swimming pool, but we didn't use it.
Big applause for the location: the centre is within walking distance. Public transportation in front of the hotel. Or use the nostalgic free City Circle Tram (just around the corner at La Trobe Street.

Room Tip: Take a Superior Twin: although no spectacular view they are spacious and quiet. We had room 1004.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2014

we were not too sure what to expect as it was late in the night and the best rate we could get for a double room in the city without going to really budget accommodation. The hotel was well situated on the NE cnr of the city and we could walk everywhere. It was clean, upmarket, offered reasonably priced parking, staff were attentive and welcoming, rooms were well appointed, overall very happy with the hotel and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank minniemouse1960
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in late May 2014. The Atlantis is a great location, 1min walk to the free City loop tram, a nice walk to Harbour Town or DFO. The room and bathroom were clean and cleaned well everyday except for coffee cups not cleaned so I did this myself. Also windows really dirty in the rooms so not much of a view. I loved access to the pool and gym, I used the pool everyday although around the pool could have been cleaner.

My main grip about the hotel is lack of free wifi. Shame this is not included in the price of the room stay. But free wifi can be found at the Specer Street Shopping Centre (across the road from the Hotel), Southbank, Crown Casino, DFO (best free wifi I found), Melbourne Central Shopping Centre and the QV Centre.

All in all a good stay, hotel is more of a business type hotel, but this just means its quiet without rowdy patrons.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter. Get free wifi from South Bank, DFO and Melbourne Central.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank VMP28
atlantis300, Front Office Manager at Atlantis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thanks for the review it is much appreciated

We continue to try to provide high quality value for money accommodation in the heart of the city

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel was very clean, spacious, and was a very good price for where it is. (Spencer Street)
Few minutes walk to harbour town and right across the road from the DFO, what more can a girl want?
It was very good I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review it is much appreciated

We also feel we provide 5 STAR value for money at Melbourne's best 4 star hotel rates

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is not an expensive hotel. This means that you can not expect anything extra. You have to pay for internet and their breakfast will not impress you. The area seems safe and you can do some good shopping nearby. They also have a grocery store across the road. The tram runs right outside and the train station is close by. You do not need to go far to find restaurants. My room had no fridge though booking.com promised it. However, my room was clean and my bed was comfortable. In all, a decent hotel. Perhaps a bit soulless...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business