“Did the job” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Atlantis Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Atlantis Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Atlantis Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #101 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
tasmania
“Did the job”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were there for 2 nights between Xmas & new year, our room was on the 18th floor facing Southern Cross station. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, air con efficient. I suspect if you were below the tenth floor & at the front of the building there would be a real issue with tram noise as we could still hear them clearly on the 18th floor, but not enough for it to be any problem. Position was good. Staff we dealt with all lovely. Internet costs high, we noticed a back packers around the corner offers free internet, crazy, but pretty normal for Australia.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid noise

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed there for a couple of nights a year back, and i remembered the rooms being sterile and neat! The beds were really comfortable and the room was of a very decent size. Unlike most 20sqm rooms, this was definitely spacious for being in the CBD. Note that the train stations are easily accessible across the road, but the shopping district and chinatown may be quite a walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Gambier, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at the Atlantis while on my way to Sydney. It was in the perfect location for my stay as its very close to the train station and Etihad stadium where I went to the footy. The room was clean and what you would expect in a good standard Best Western. It was generally quiet the entire time. Has some small issues with the TV reception but soon worked that out which was good. All staff very friendly and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Security is tight, as well as turns. I drive a camry and I just manage inches away from leaving marks on the wall. I forget the number of tries I need to park into a lot. U will fear seeing the number of scratches on the wall left behind by headlights and bumpers. Worse parking ever in tower 1.

Rooms are alright, just that my window open to a concrete wall, yes my windows faces a concrete wall 1 metre away meaning its like a prison.

Location is in the CBD alright, just that its at the corner of the CBD, Furthest corner. I feel that a better room is avail at other hotel at same price.

Not coming back again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank XavierShoot
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have to say, my view of the Best Western is a run down chain that had its hay day in the 80's so I was pleasantly surprised by how modern and clean the rooms were here. We got a great deal online for only $112 per night for a queen room including breakfast for two each day. I have to say the breakfast was pretty average made up of a selection of cereals, toast with spreads, scrambled egg and baked beans. It was ok and did the job but just don't expect anything too fancy. Our room was on the 15th floor on the side facing the train line. It was a little noisy but not too bad, if you're sensitive to noise I suggest asking for a room higher up or on the other side of the building.
There is also a free tram at the corner which does a city loop between 9am and 6pm daily which was very handy.

Room Tip: Can get a bit noisy - ask for a room high up or try for the side not facing the train line
2 Thank Amy H
Epsom, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for three nights from boxing day to the 28th. When we arrived we were fortunate enough to be able to leave our bags whilst we went to the cricket. The staff were okay but just did not feel any warmth or a sense of being very hospitable when we dealt with them.

The room was again nothing special but we were not expecting this, but the blind was broken, we had to pull it open and closed by actually rotating the bar manually as the cord had broken out of the rotator. It did not shut out all of the sun which was annoying.

The pillows were very flat and did not offer much support to the head. The amount of TV channels were not great.

My biggest gripe of the hotel though was that I had purchased three days of Internet access, with so many hotels around the world offering free wifi, it perplexes me when I see hotels not offering free wifi, but anyway, purchased the three day package which I had not seen had a data limit to it, the stupid thing is that when you buy a three day package you get only 250MB per day, or 750MB for the whole three days, less than if you purchase a single day or two day package. I find it strange that in this day and age that hotels are still offering limited data packages like this. I stay in hotels all around the world every week and only come across this sort of thing when I am in Australia, same thing exist at the hotel I stay in at Sydney. This was really irritating when one is use to having unlimited access.

The room was very noisy, as you could hear the cars driving on the road when there was traffic.

The location to the station was good, although the amount of gentleman clubs around this area was not great for a couple.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank thecheechman

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels