“Good quality for low price”
Review of Atlantis Hotel

Atlantis Hotel
Ranked #95 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
“Good quality for low price”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for four nights last July with my partner and had no problems. I chose it as it was cheap and walking distance to the Southern Cross rail station and I was very happy with my choice. Not only is it close to the main station, but there is a tram stop right outside the hotel (though the hotel was central enough that we barely used it as we could just walk everywhere). We arrived early in the morning but the staff were friendly and happy to store our luggage until our room was ready for check in. We didn't bother with the breakfast as there are so many great cafes and restaurants to explore in Melbourne. For the price we paid it was a really good quality room, nice, clean and quiet. Don't expect all the frills of a luxury hotel, because if you want a five star hotel you need to pay for one. If I go back to Melbourne I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
atlantis300, General Manager at Atlantis Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks for the review - we constantly aim to provide high quality low cost accommodation

Look forward to welcoming you back next time

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights. It was 5 minutes walk from where the Sky Bus drops you off at Southern Cross Station and the tram and bus stops are right out front. The room is nice and quiet and a good size. It's on the corner of the city centre and you can walk pretty much anywhere you need.
The service wasn't quite as good as hoped. When we called to reception for towels or coffee we sometimes had to call twice. We had to ask for a bed sheet and everyday the cleaner would take it away again. It was a bit frustrating. It was good for the location and if you don't really need anything from reception then this hotel would be good for you.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the street for good views and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had stayed here for 22 days on my business trip to Melbourne.
Location: Great: Hotel is a stone's throw away from Southern Cross, Opposite to Coles supermarket (Including Beer and Liquor Store), A block away from Park and inside CBD. Trams right outside the Hotel.
Hotel Breakfast: OK. Not much to say. Menu is same all days. Continental with Hot Scrambled Eggs and Bean. Bread, Coffee and Cereals. I was tried of this the 3rd day as couldn't eat the same stuff. Very limited options.
Rooms: 3 star Worth. Average size room with a desk and chair and a small King Bed. King beds are not the size of USA kings, it like Queen. Quite Rooms and Bath was normal size not cramped.
Parking: 15$ Self Parking was in the hotel and elevators were from inside hotel itself to parking floors. But the driveway inside garage is narrow. Parking on street is free from 7PM to 8AM and Plenty on both sides of Hotel. Dont drive Inside CDB is my advice - Too many cameras.
Employees: What u can expect out a normal hotel - no one to carry luggage or guide you, they re working there, Even for luggage drop off and pick up - we will have to put it in room yourself and take it. They work there and you sty there - that about that.
Business Center and Internet: Internet is abt 30$ a week for 1 GB or something (But its by GB) Hotel has computer and printers - but there are no internet in business center unless u pay an additional fee.
Overall - 3 Star Hotel and average stay.

Room Tip: Back side of Hotel Rooms are Quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
atlantis300, General Manager at Atlantis Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for the review - I would like to inform you that we are officially rate by AAA Tourism as a 4 STAR Hotel and just last week had this rating re-confirmed.

We have a business center located on level 3 where you can use the PC's for printing and other such tasks however like most Australian Hotels Internet is charged at a minimum fee - we feel our internet charges of $12.95 for 24 hours / $29.95 for 7 days or $49.95 for a month are more than reasonable and much cheaper than other 4 star hotels in the Melbourne.

Thanks again for your review and hope to see you when you are next in Melbourne.

On your next stay I recommend that you book direct on our website and get the continental breakfast thrown in for free every morning.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spending very little time in a hotel when I'm travelling on business I was looking for something more resonably priced with a good location in Melbourne's CBD.

Well I found it. This hotel is ideally located on Spencer Street with easy access To Southern Cross Train Station and trams.

The hotel is modern, clean and tidy.

I paid $99.00 per night room only through Wotif and I can safely say that I will be staying there again the next time I'm in Melbourne on business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
atlantis300, Front Office Manager at Atlantis Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks for post
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed four night s and unless we requested the bathroom be cleaned and the room be vacuumed it did not happen. We had no window in the room which makes it very dark and I believe a safety issue as we were in a back corner on the floor. There are no towel bars in the bathroom and the lighting is just plain bad. We had lights out in our room and the internet box on our tv did not work.
The location is great with great places to walk close by and the train a block away. The staff was very nice and very informative if you needed information. But I wouldn't stay there again in a room like that and they need to be real when they put pictures and information out n the booking sites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My big gripe with this place was that the bathrooms, and showers in particular, were not adequately cleaned. Hair was stuck on the tiles from previous guests, and even after mentioning this to the cleaning staff, this was still not addressed. The location is good, but not great, depending on what you're planning to do in Melbourne. The nicest part was the pool and sauna.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent location. About 150 metres from Coles and very close to trams and train services. Easy walking distance to Harbor Town, DFO, Ethihad Stadium and the Markets.
Buffet Breakfast was included which represented great value for money (scrambled eggs, toast, baked beans, juice, cereal).
The rooms were clean, neat and tidy.
I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the past the past 3 to 4 years. And will continue to stay at this hotel when I visit Melbourne.
I have always had a pleasant stay on each occassion and would recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple