Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,169 results
All reviews the executive lounge concierge desk exhibition street room was spacious valet parking an upgrade buffet breakfast federation square theatre gym cbd doorman mcg tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay was almost perfect if not for a couple of misses. I placed my breakfast card request, on time, and was missed. A couple of room service items were missed too ( I ordered room service everyday during my 7 day stay).

There is a lovely Asian man at the concierge desk who had the afternoon shift. He was such a delight, even gave us a recommendation for a Greek restaurant and called to organise reservations. I wish I got his name! He was our bright spot.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Shelley_75,
We do aim for a perfect stay for our guests ..... but pleased to hear that your recent visit was 'near perfect'! I am very sorry for your concerns with ordering breakfast via Room Service and thank you for bringing it to our attention to follow up. Please be assured that closer supervision will be given in future.
Your appreciation will be passed on to JC (at Concierge). He has been with us for a number of years and does a great job welcoming and assisting our guests.
We hope to see you back again!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a lovely time at the hotel especially because of the great service by Daniel Martin (concierge desk) and the Asian looking girl at reception (sorry don't know your name..)
They gave us a hand finding the way out and about Melbourne.
The director of F&B made us feel very welcome at breakfast.

Thank you for the friendly service we got!

We stayed from 5-7 January and 8-10 January.

Greetings from,

Amber Hoen and family.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear christiaanv678,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Melbourne Marriott. I'm so pleased to hear that our team was helpful and welcoming and your appreciation will be passed on to Daniel, Lesley/Roxanne and Nagmani. It's a fantastic boost for morale when individual efforts are acknowledged. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nice hotel and even nicer staff. About two months ago I booked a room for my son to propose to his now fiancee, and the staff could not have been lovelier or more helpful, going above and beyond re setting up the room and hiding the ring . My wife and I have stayed several times, most recently yesterday, and our experience has always been good.

The tone set by the staff is spot on. Relaxed, happy, confident, helpful.

The bar is good for late night drinks after nearby theatre.

Dear Mike S,
Thanks so much for your feedback. I was delighted to hear that our team assisted with your son's very special occasion with us ...... and that everything went well. (Glad her response was positive too!) How exciting.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Booked breakfast for 8.30am. It was a disappointment for the reasons I will explain. If I am paying $600 to $700 for a room I would expect a better set up. Looked like restaurants you see at Hong Kong ,cluttered. Started with bacon ,over cooked,hard,like eating a cardboard.Next tryed scrambled egg,couldn’t eat it ,it was more cream than eggs in it. I had to ask the chef for fried eggs,that was perfect. Next if you want to butter yr bread ,take it to your table butter it then bring back to put jam on it. They do not have small jam sachets,where you can take it to your table and finish, I do not think it is hygiene to have jars of spreads in the open where every one dips in it,you wouldn’t expect from an international hotel like Marriott. But I must admit their jams were beautiful tasty.Later a tray of cooked tomatoes,patato gems,waffle etc was brought and put on the top of shelf left it uncovered. Not everything was negative they had the usual fruit,different varieties of melon and cold cut meat. Coffe was very good too.

Date of stay: January 2020
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear 565jamesg,
I was most concerned to read your comments regarding our buffet breakfast and please be assured that your feedback will be thoroughly reviewed with our team. I am very sorry for your disappointments on this occasion and thank you sincerely for taking the time to bring them to our attention.
With kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Purpose of visit was show at Her Majesty’s theatre, close proximity, great location value for money, friendly service, excellent facilities. Nothing was to much trouble for employees, friendly welcoming on return from putting.

Room tip: Excellent accommodation and service.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 35255629539,
Greetings from the Melbourne Marriott! Great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. The hotel is located so very close to the theatre - and hope you enjoyed Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It's been very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
All the very best,