Melbourne Marriott Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ovolo Laneways(Melbourne)
  • Breakfast included
1,698 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeconcierge deskspecial thanksexhibition streetvalet parkingroom was spaciousearly checkan upgradebuffet breakfastfederation squaretheatrelolliesgymcbdfurnishingsdoormanmcg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I will start with the positive, the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, I must agree with the other reviewers comments that the rooms were shabby (furniture worn and door hinges crooked, burnt out light bulbs, worn upholstery) and the staff a little too uppity. They obviously wanted to appeal to the business customers and didn't seem too happy with leisure customers. Location was good, not far from the free city circle tram and the Melbourne Museum. There were lots of coffee shops around the hotel for breakfast. It is in a business district.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The staff really make this hotel a memorable experience. Everyone to from the valet attendant to the wait staff at the restaurant was nothing but accommodating, helpful and pleasant. To top it off we inadvertently got a parking fine whilst waiting for the valet to park our car, and even though it was our mistake the manager kindly offered to handle this for us. The location is excellent, walking distance to a lot of major attractions including Bourke street mall. Rooms are spacious and beds very comfy, although a bit outdated. A recent visit to Japan highlighted how inferior service at Australian hotels is (and I have stayed at a lot in my time). The Marriott Melbourne is the exception to this. Service is second to none.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChaiLatte_1506
Reviewed May 27, 2010

After booking on the net and following up with a phonecall to this hotel I booked my family in a room that suited at a particular price and confirmed by phone.
On arriving at the hotel I was advised that the price I had paid for was not correct and I would have to pay more.
I had booked a club room and the room itself was just OK and required updating.
I spent the day trying to find a different hotel to move to with my family and deciding we would move to the Hyatt who were most helpful I arrived back at this hotel exhausted to be told that they would honor the rate I had booked and apologised.
We stayed for a couple of nights and found the club facilities very poor and not worth the money , also disappointing to receive a letter recomending children dont attend the club lounge.
I havent found this at any of the Sheratons, Shangrilas or Hyatts I have stayed at before and found it offensive.
Value wise this hotel was on a par with the Hyatt for cost and that wasnt on any special package so I suggest you stay there:)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank perthguy6
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Good place to watch.Faciliated with all luxurious things.Food is good.Everyone should try to visit once

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank samual97
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in February, and this was our 2nd stay at the Melbourne Marriott. We chose to stay again at the Marriott because of the location and my husband's Gold status with Marriott Rewards. Once again, we were upgraded to the Executive floor. As others have stated, the rooms are a bit dated. But, it didn't really detract from a good night's sleep -- and the room (and bathroom) were a good size. The Executive Lounge had a nice breakfast, and good service.

Great location near the theatre district - good home base for tourism in Melbourne. 10-15 minute walk to Federation Square and the river. Keep in mind that the only parking is valet parking.

We highly recommend the MoVida tapas restaurant down near Federation Square. Make reservations!

All in all, this was a decent place to stay in a great location. I'd stay at the Melbourne Marriott a 3rd time!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business