1,780 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeconcierge deskspecial thanksexhibition streetvalet parkingroom was spaciousearly checkan upgradebuffet breakfastfederation squarefree tramtheatrelolliesgymcbdfurnishingsdoorman
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Just spent a month in Melbourne and I've never enjoyed an extensive business trip more than my time with the stellar Marriott staff. Under the leadership of Kelvin Ramm, the staff made my trip down under feel like time spent with old friends. Mary took care of my messes, Dixon and Michelle served me breakfast and provided every comfort in the Executive Lounge while the concierge team were always engaging and willing to assist.

If you're traveling to Melbourne, stay with Kelvin and the great professionals at the Marriott and you'll make new friends as I certainly did and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet but I enjoyed the views from the 9th and 10th floors.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Raj K, Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear rhocking,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your month-long visit here with us at the Melbourne Marriott. Your appreciation will be passed on to our team, especially GM - Kelvin, Room Attendant - Mary, Dixon and Michelle in our Executive Lounge along with the Concierge team. We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kindest regards,

Raj

Reviewed September 17, 2017

After a two week stay in Australia in various cities, this was our last hotel and we wanted it to be as comfortable as possible. The Marriott did not disappoint! The hotel is in an old building, but in great condition. The lobby is attractive and welcoming with concierge and doormen greeting us daily and always ready to help with our questions. We were greeted upon arrival with sparkling wine and a bell boy that took the time, after delivering our luggage, to give us a map and show us where we were and different points nearby. We also received a complimentary bottle of wine, gummy bears and koala bear clip on toy. I was not expecting this, so it was a very nice touch! We also loved the location within the Greek Precinct, but also a few blocks from Chinatown and Little Italy, as well as the Parliament and other points of interest. It was also very near to three theaters, which made catching a show truly convenient. We did not try any of the hotel's restaurants or bar, but used the gym which was pretty decent, although the two cardio machines I used weren't functioning all that well (neither of the TVs worked and one kept stalling). But it was better than other five star hotels I've stayed at. Overall, it was a great way to end our time in Australia and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again should we return to Melbourne.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear americamba2015,
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay - at the end of your visit to Australia. I was glad that you found the location convenient. We are in a great position for restaurants, theatres, shopping and sightseeing, and it seems that you managed to get around a bit whilst you were here. I wasn't aware we were experiencing any concerns with the cardio machines but have arranged for them to be checked. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and I am sorry for any inconvenience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again when your travels bring you back this way.
With warmest wishes,
Kelvin Ramm

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We had a great night in the city and were thoroughly impressed with the front of house service from the moment we walked in. They couldn't be more attentive and helpful. A highlight was having a chat to the head concierge Anthony about my sons 8th birthday and returning to the room later in the afternoon to find a beautiful dessert board waiting for him - one happy camper to say the least!
We will definitely stay at the Marriott Melbourne when we are next back in Melbourne and will recommend to our family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear piphughes2017,
Thank you for choosing the Melbourne Marriott to celebrate your son's 8th birthday and I was delighted to hear that the visit was a success. Good to hear that our Head Concierge, Anthony went 'the extra mile' to ensure the birthday was acknowledged.
With kindest regards,
Kelvin Ramm

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We had a Kid-free weekend and wanted to stay somewhere special and this place did not disappoint. We were greeted with sparkling on arrival. The room was clean and spacious, the bed and pillow was next level of comfort but the exceptional service from every staff we encountered was definitely the highlight. The hotel manager Laurent made us feel very special. He was very friendly and attentive and seems to know all guests by their name. We were always acknowledged with a smile from the staff everywhere we went within hotel which was really refreshing for a gloomy Melbourne weekend. The buffet breakfast was also amazing, everything you could think of plus some more (like a cheese plate). Definitively on the better side of the CBD. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Courteous staff and good service, centrally located. The not so great part is the room and pool. The rooms show the age, particularly the carpet. The same goes with the pool, which was a total let down. It simply did not look as good as several other Marriott properties outside Australia. I cannot comment on the food as there was no good reason to eat at the hotel, given the wide variety of choice available in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Leah T, Public Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Dear Kiran_Vasu,

I am very sorry if our rooms and pool were not to your preference and expectation, but pleased that your found our team friendly and our associates courteous. We trust you enjoyed your time in Melbourne.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Kindest regards,