“Great friendly service”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed two nights, perfect, wine and champers and chocolates on arrival!!!! Gym great, clean towels, apples, pool has toys for the kids to play with, rooms clean, breakfast buffet great for the picky kids , lots of choices, self serve pancake maker a hit! Will stay again!

Room Tip: We had two adults and two kids and we got the one room with two double beds to save money and it was...

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, overall a middle level Marriot hotel, with all the amenities and facilities. Staffs were friendly and ever helpful. We did not dine in the hotel as there are many food outlets nearby, even for halal foods. There are good cafes and small restaurants for muslim foods, even in the hotel itself
Enjoyed taking the tram 35, hop in and off exploring Melbourne. And then by food, exploring the quaint small cafes

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I spent three nights at the Marriott, and cannot say enough about how accommodating the service is there. All the staff were pleasant and willing to help the group of us get comfortable in the hotel, and learn our surroundings outside as well.

The room was spacious, clean and elegant. We booked this as a secret deal through lastminute.com, for about $200 a night, and found the room worth the price

Close to all four world heritage theatres, short walk to shops, restaurants, cafes and China Town. It is situated right in the hub of the city -- a fantastic location!

Room Tip: Any rooms ending in '03 or '04 are situated the furthest from the elevator if you want a lit...
Reviewed July 5, 2014

just spent a night at The Marriott in Melbourne, opposite the Comedy Theatre as it was convenient. So from the time I pulled up outside and was greeted by a smiling and very pleasant, hotel assistant, with a lovely Scottish accent, I just knew that this was going to be a memorable experience. She carried our bage into the foyer and explained the procedure for the Valet Parking and made it sound so easy. We were greeted by a multi tasking reception person, who without any hesitation delt with our arrival in a pleasant and professional manner, we were even offered a glass of champagne to enjoy whilst the book in procedure was being completed. We were offered an upgrade to a better room which I greatfully accepted. The room was very presentable and tidy, but just a little more effort in making the bed would have made the room more presentable.

A quick call to reception via the phone, was greeted with a welcome using our Sir name, That made it just that much better and more personal as you were a person and not just a room tennant.

The book out procedure was very quick and trouble free, we had notified the reception that we were on the way down and to have our car collected and parked out the front. To our surprise there was a small bag of lollies on the dashboard with a thank you note for using their services on this visit.

All in all a very pleasurable experience and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and wish them all the best for the future and keep up the excellent service, I will be returning.

Room Tip: we had room 316 and it was perfect, just a little road noise, but acceptable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed there with friends for a football weekend and work meeting. Service was excellent, facilities clean and felt like a true guest . Only slight negative was the size and options in the premium lounge. I have stayed at the Hyatt and Pan Pacific and their rooms are a lot better then the Marriotts.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I got a deal through wotif for a mystery 5-star hotel, which suited me as I only needed one night somewhere in Melbourne CBD. I was pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness and quality of the hotel, as well as the service by the staff.

Minor issues were that the in room phones didn't work which I rectified by unplugging and plugging back in... The air-conditioner made a rattling noise whenever it started up which was annoying. I also found the bed comfortable, but the covers (a huge duvet) way too thick for an air-conditioned environment, so found myself overheating until I cranked up the air-conditioner to reduce the room temperature to suit the bedding. (recommend staff look at this, and offer thinner bedding)

The space and quality of the rooms is superior to anything else I've experienced in Melbourne to-date, and for less-than $200 a night, it was a steal... Sadly breakfast was not included, but I paid extra for that and I was not disappointed.

I had room service for dinner, and was pleased by the professionalism of the waiter, and the presentation of the meal on the tray.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Have just had three nights at the Marriott, my second visit in 12 months and the room and service were excellent. A friend and I stayed in a double room (306) with comfortable double beds, plenty of space and a well laid out bathroom. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and check in was efficient. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and there was plenty of choice. The hotel is well located and within easy walking distance to lots of major attractions (such as the Princess Theatre to see The King and I and the gallery to see the Italian Masterpieces). There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby if you dont want to dine at the hotel. I would stay at the Marriott again.