“Luxury!!!”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I got a deal through wotif for a mystery 5-star hotel, which suited me as I only needed one night somewhere in Melbourne CBD. I was pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness and quality of the hotel, as well as the service by the staff.

Minor issues were that the in room phones didn't work which I rectified by unplugging and plugging back in... The air-conditioner made a rattling noise whenever it started up which was annoying. I also found the bed comfortable, but the covers (a huge duvet) way too thick for an air-conditioned environment, so found myself overheating until I cranked up the air-conditioner to reduce the room temperature to suit the bedding. (recommend staff look at this, and offer thinner bedding)

The space and quality of the rooms is superior to anything else I've experienced in Melbourne to-date, and for less-than $200 a night, it was a steal... Sadly breakfast was not included, but I paid extra for that and I was not disappointed.

I had room service for dinner, and was pleased by the professionalism of the waiter, and the presentation of the meal on the tray.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Have just had three nights at the Marriott, my second visit in 12 months and the room and service were excellent. A friend and I stayed in a double room (306) with comfortable double beds, plenty of space and a well laid out bathroom. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and check in was efficient. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and there was plenty of choice. The hotel is well located and within easy walking distance to lots of major attractions (such as the Princess Theatre to see The King and I and the gallery to see the Italian Masterpieces). There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby if you dont want to dine at the hotel. I would stay at the Marriott again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott Melbourne a number of times, the genuine and friendly service is the best in Melbourne - I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Right from the welcome from the concierge with valet parking and delivering my bags to my room, check in was warm and engaging, room service and hotel employees all polite and friendly. There are a lot of small touches about this hotel and their rooms which make subtle differences but all contribute to a comfortable and most pleasant stay. Small things such as a proper (thick style) bath mat, a decent hair dryer, comfortable chairs (as opposed to uncomfortable small lounge), good night lighting in the room, stylish black and white photos of Melbourne, large sized walk in robe area so bags not in the main room, welcome chocs being a return guest (yum!) and a supper comfy bed and pillows. I wish I could have stayed longer!

The location is convenient to all the theatres/restaurants/ part of the CBD. We ate at Bomba (tapas) across the road which was great but have eaten previously at the hotel restaurant which was also excellent. We all judge a hotel on it's breakfast and the restaurant had an excellent variety of items - loved the pancake machine and the berry smoothies!

Would recommend without hesitation for corporate or personal travel. One of the best hotels in Melbourne!

Room Tip: Have stayed in both standard room and one bedroom suite - found both styles of room to be good size...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the Melbourne Marriott Hotel on the Executive Level (Level10) which included entry into the Executive Level lounge on level 9 with complimentary drinks, canapes and daily breakfast.

The room was well laid out clean and comfortable and very little outside noise was heard.
We were amazed with the level of care shown to all guests, the high level of training and a welcoming and friendly attitude shown by staff, even the electrical contractors were polite.
The inner city location was great no need for taxis or trams all areas within walking distance, and the addition of the lounge made pre dinner drinks a relaxing pleasurable experience.

Overall a Great stay in wonderful hotel with lovely staff, great service, and the facilities were all top quality.

Can’t wait to return next month... already made 2 return bookings

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I did a mystery wotif deal and got the marriott for a good price. Had never visited Marriott before but was really impressed. Great location, refurbished rooms with great room inclusions. Staff were great. I was really really impressed. Well beyond my expectations. Will be back for sure next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Room was clean, quiet & comfortable however a man may have an issue sitting on the loo due to its close placement to the wall with the roll holder also inconveniently placed.
Location is convenient to transport, sporting venues & theatres. Only issue was with parking as details on website were misleading due to stating secure parking onsite & valet parking implying guests have a choice however we were advised only valet is available & if we didn't want to use the service we could drive around & find parking elsewhere. We used the valet service @$40 a night. Our stay was very busy so we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel hopefully we can return soon to enjoy all facilities.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have had 3 stays here in probably the last 6 months. Staff are simply outstanding and cannot do enough for their guests. The rooms are good as are the bathroom. However on this stay I was given a room facing Exhibition Street and it was noisy. Ask for a room facing the gym/pool which I previously had and experienced no problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business