First of all, hate to rate this a 3, but have to call it like I see it :-(. I stayed here on a business trip and was here for a week in October. Overall, this is a good hotel with a LOT of potential. Unfortunately, I don't think it was up to the Marriott standards.
Here is a list of things that need to be fixed: 1) Concierge desk: I asked for directions during my stay, and at least 4 times they were in error--either wrong address, correct address but restaurant not there (really unbelievable), or the location of where I wanted to go was a half block on the other side of where I was sent? Very confusing. Easily fixed with a set of "verified" list of recommendations. Most hotels have lists of recommendations. My favorite recommendation "oh, I know of a great place with fantastic food but I can't remember the name--it's near a place--do you know where that is?". Not something the new to the city traveler would expect!
2) Dry cleaning contractor not good: wrinkles in shirts, buttons broken, etc. I completely missed the buttons, but who checks their dry cleaning orders until you pull the clothes out ready to wear? Maybe this was my bad?
3) Room service consistently missed something: orange juice when ordered, but not delivered, no maple syrup with pancakes, etc. This isn't too difficult?
4) Sauna door would not close, it just won't stay shut allowing the hot air (the reason you're in there in the first place) to escape.
5) Restaurant orders wrong--really? I ordered a cappuccino with soy and received a soy decaf cappuccino. Of course they replaced it, but what a waste of time, effort, and resources. One of their signature dishes, like the salmon, was just not quite right (tasty).
6) Dated eclectic, almost modern, furniture in the room.
7) Roof leaked when it rained at the pool, so there was a lot of water all over the deck and the stairs to the deck, making this a safety hazard. The stairs did have non-slip tape on them, but they were still puddled wet because of the leaky roof.
1) Plenty of large towels at the pool!
2) Wonderful, friendly staff in all areas, including the concierge--they just couldn't get directions or orders right!
3) Executive club food was fine, same daily choices but basically a mini breakfast buffet downstairs. Wonderful staff in the Exec lounge!
4) Great, central location in the middle of the city. Close walking distance to China town, Little Italy, and lots of restaurants!
5) Housekeeping did a great job!
I really hate to give such a mediocre report, but all of these things can be fixed! Look (hope) for better reports along the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the luxury Melbourne Marriott Hotel features exceptional facilities and unparalleled service. Boutique in size yet grand in style, our hotel offers the perfect welcome. Our accommodations are at the center of the city's theater precinct and just minutes from the shopping delights of Bourke and Collins streets. Additionally, our hotel places you within a short distance from the Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building and the cultural and culinary extravaganza of Chinatown.For business travelers, we offer on-site event managers, exceptional catering and a full-service business center. Discover a leader among luxury hotels at Marriott Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melbourne Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Melbourne
- Melbourne Marriott